INGRESS - Niantic Pokemon Go Developer Previous Walking Game

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

INGRESS - Niantic Pokemon Go Developer Previous Walking Game

Post by CRTGAMER »

INGRESS (Pokemon Go Niantic Developer)
An Alternative to the very popular Pokemon Go Walking Game

The icon reminds me of the game icon from Wii Geon Cube!

While waiting for the Dentist Office to open I sat outside playing a round of Loco Roco. My dentist spotted me and teased apologizing interrupting me playing Pokemon Go.

"No I do not have Pokemon Go, really I was just playing another game."

"Okay if you say so."

The game is so popular that anyone looking down at their cell phone even if just texting will automatically be assumed to be playing Pokemon Go! :lol:

Ingress
Speaking of walking into traffic while playing a walking game, has anyone tried this game? This is the roots of Pokemon Go made by the same developer BEFORE Pokemon Go came out.

Wiki wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_%28video_game%29

An early interview described Ingress as a 'proof of concept' for other AR games built on Google Maps' data. Data from Ingress was used to populate the locations for Pokéstops and gyms within Pokémon Go, released in July 2016.

I had given it a test run some months back before Pokemon Go was even announced. Looked addicting and included Google Map Images of locations right in my neighborhood to capture items. Realized how much Phone Data this would used and besides it is very complicated so I deleted it. :?

Google Play wrote:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticproject.ingress&hl=en

✮ Winner of the Grand Prize at the 2015 Japanese Media Arts Festival

Ingress transforms the real world into the landscape for a global game of mystery, intrigue, and competition.

Our future is at stake. You must choose a side.

A mysterious energy has been unearthed by a team of scientists in Europe. The origin and purpose of this force is unknown, but some researchers believe it is influencing the way we think. We must control it or it will control us.

“The Enlightened” seek to embrace the power that this energy may bestow upon us. “The Resistance” struggle to defend, and protect what’s left of our humanity.

Install Ingress and transform your world.

The World is the Game

Just loaded it up again to really dive in this. The difficulty of the game in itself provides some addiction in discovering things. Now giving it another "Ingress Go", collect Portals to hack and open up new areas. :mrgreen:

John Corpuz wrote:http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ingress-tips-new-players,review-2257.html

As agents of the Resistance or the Enlightened, players use their smartphones to fight for control over virtual XM portals located at real-world landmarks, monuments, and sculptures. The game went into beta in late 2012, quickly becoming a viral hit in the Android gaming community thanks in part to active support from Google's Niantic Labs, with a continuously evolving story and global community events. With the recent launch of Ingress on iOS, the game welcomes a new wave of players ready to fly the flag for the Enlightened and the Resistance.

Ingress features an interactive tutorial that does an admirable job of teaching new players about the basics of gameplay; from collecting XM, hacking portals for items, attacking and capturing portals, and constructing mind control fields. Still, there are a lot of useful tactics and tools that a new player will find handy during the battle to control the fate of XM and humanity.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: INGRESS - Niantic Pokemon Go Developer Previous Walking

Post by Exhuminator »

I hope people get into Ingress now. I tried telling folks about it last year:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=49555&start=13

I'd like to see even more games implement AR in a real world way.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.