Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by TSTR »

fuckin Harambe ahahaha
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Michi and Bogus -- Yes I was in a car for some, but most I was riding on my bike with my kid or walking. In every case when I attempted the catch or hotspot spin I was at a stop. I had no delusion that it would work while rolling by at 15 or 50mph. It's just a new game and having problems. That's why I'm annoyed because it's fantastic, they'll get it ironed out, just hopefully sooner than later. I can't speak for Android, I prefer it, but I'm stuck with an iphone5s so I'm playing it on there instead of lugging my shield tablet everywhere.

The two specific losses I spoke of yesterday I was not in motion for the water and grass pokemon I hadn't seen before or since. I hope they come back around sooner than later when it is functioning right.

Damn you Nintendo though, you're trying hard to make me like you again. First this, then the micronized NES mini-closed console in HDMI for the TV with 30 games of which nearly 1/2 aren't even their own.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Just give in Tanooki, I would like you more if you just enjoyed things! That is all I am saying. There is no bad guy out there. Just have fun!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

This launched in the UK today.

I have about 100 visible pokéstops on my map when I'm in my work office. They're literally 20 yards away from each other.

I went on a 3 minute walk at lunch and caught 6 pokemon, missing a ton. I still managed to get over 100 pokéballs though.

I've caught a ton of rattata, spearow and pidgey, and a lone staryu I found by the tube station. It didn't load correctly thhought so I caught it whilst was invisible
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

alienjesus wrote:This launched in the UK today.

I have about 100 visible pokéstops on my map when I'm in my work office. They're literally 20 yards away from each other.

I went on a 3 minute walk at lunch and caught 6 pokemon, missing a ton. I still managed to get over 100 pokéballs though.

I've caught a ton of rattata, spearow and pidgey, and a lone staryu I found by the tube station. It didn't load correctly thhought so I caught it whilst was invisible

My suggestion for making easier catches is to turn off the area function. If you have lost the appeal of seeing the pokemon in the real world it is a must for just straight up catching to turn it off.

In doing so, you stabilize the camera. Now it is simple front facing ingredients and there are no motion controls. It makes catching easy cause all you have to do is flip straight.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:There is no bad guy out there. Just have fun!

Not true. Many bad guys out there.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Tanooki wrote:Damn you Nintendo though, you're trying hard to make me like you again. First this, then the micronized NES mini-closed console in HDMI for the TV with 30 games of which nearly 1/2 aren't even their own.

They're doing everything right lately, and money is coming in. I hope this will continue to be successful.

My play for today will be later this afternoon. I'm going to try a new location for stops. I'll check out some gyms but unless I am totally confident will I even attempt to fight again, my items are still a little low.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

ExedExes wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Damn you Nintendo though, you're trying hard to make me like you again. First this, then the micronized NES mini-closed console in HDMI for the TV with 30 games of which nearly 1/2 aren't even their own.

They're doing everything right lately, and money is coming in. I hope this will continue to be successful.

My play for today will be later this afternoon. I'm going to try a new location for stops. I'll check out some gyms but unless I am totally confident will I even attempt to fight again, my items are still a little low.

Yeah definitely focus on getting items and pokemon.

My tips for everyone is to not evolve your pokemon for training, evolve for xp. You get 500 xp for evolving and 1k if you use a lucky egg. Save up your pokemon and get ready to evolve in mass once given a lucky egg. You can seriously jump up 5 - 8 levels with ease with this process. The higher level you are, the higher cp the pokemon are that you catch. I just caught a Bellsprout with a 450 cp and I am level 14. Just 2 levels prior, I was catching things in the low hundreds. Now I am catching 250-400 range pokemon.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

As is it so far I just evolved one so far, training hadn't even crossed my mind as I didn't see any actual battles. I've been doing it more like if it were Pokemon Snap with XP levels. I just try and level them up as I get the dust, but it's sparse as I'm probably doing it wrong as I am playing old style and not wanting to capture like 20 pidgey and 30 rattata out in the wild to then just PC box them. Thing is though you get sometimes animal specific candy which is needed with the dust and all captures seem to net at least 100 dust too.

I should just go on another ride (car/bike) or hoof it a bit more and see what pops up no matter how lame or many I have, then just keep the best. The CP on the stuff I have isn't great, barely any near/slightly over the 100 mark.

Maybe I should poke around online for a wiki that breaks down how the whole system works.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Definitely catch those pidgeys and rattatas. You get the dust the xp the candy and you can evolve them for tons of xp. The key is, when you transfer the pokemon to the professor, you are just deleting them for an extra piece of candy in hat pokemon type.

You do get 100 dust per catch. You can get more candy from eggs hatching more so than just catching them. I have received as much as 10 candy from a hatch.