Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by ExedExes »

I ran!

I got nearly 20 gym badges already. I love the items at gyms now! The new berry system isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am in 10 gyms right now.

A few more things:

- There is a hard limit on Pokémon assigned to gyms now (20)
- Coin bonus is 1 for every hour defended (maximum 100 per day)
- CPs above 3000 seem to degrade faster than those under 3000
- Higher gym badges bring more items to the gyms you visit, additionally owning the gym gives you more items
- Bag storage is up to 1500
- Max Potions and Max Revives are in the store if you are over Level 30

There's more I'm sure, but that's what I saw. Our team dominated our area again, no surprise there! We're also coordinating where berries are needed so I have a feeling that it won't be any different than before :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

ExedExes wrote:We're also coordinating where berries are needed so I have a feeling that it won't be any different than before :lol:

Just remember not to feed them too much if you want to maximize your coins. Per Niantic:

You redeem your PokéCoins only after your Pokémon returns from the Gym.

Okay, sure. However,

As a Pokémon loses motivation, its CP will temporarily decrease, making it weaker in battle. When a Pokémon’s motivation reaches zero, it leaves the Gym and returns to its Trainer the next time it loses a battle.

Your Pokemon doesn't immediately leave a gym once it's motivation reaches zero. It has to be forcibly removed in order to come back to you.

So, if you're limited to 100 coins a day, the ideal set-up would be to try to hold a single gym for no longer than 4 days. After that point, whatever coins that Pokemon 'earns per hour' are useless to you. And heaven forbid you loose multiple long held gyms on the same day.

So the whole new system is set up so that after a certain point you want your Pokemon to loose and get kicked out.

EDIT: Looks like they may have changed it to "about 1 coin every 10 minutes" with a "maximum bonus of 50 PokéCoins per day."

That's going to be a lot better for people in places with high turnover rates, but you're still going to have to get kicked out of the gym in order to cash in. I hope some of you guys made friends with the other teams. You're going to need them to kick your ass out of gyms every day. I, meanwhile, am likely stuck in a couple locations for a while :lol:
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ExedExes wrote:I ran!

I got nearly 20 gym badges already. I love the items at gyms now! The new berry system isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am in 10 gyms right now.

There's more I'm sure, but that's what I saw. Our team dominated our area again, no surprise there! We're also coordinating where berries are needed so I have a feeling that it won't be any different than before :lol:

And that right there fairly well confirmed my worries and others including in this thread. Yes you can go in and get a few items (nice), and you can perhaps get in on a raid (yet to be seen) but otherwise I think I was right.

Status quo unchanged. People will just get/share the berry action to cover up spots to keep squatting on the same gyms, and now with even MORE coins since now it's 1/hr vs 10/21hrs. That'll just allow people to get far more berries with that coin to keep their emotionally snowflaked out pokemon happy to stay in the gym.

Damn shame they didn't care to fix things, but as I figured, set it up to coin harder on the whales and groupies.

I swear if I didn't have this strong not even sure why I do interest in Pokemon I'd erase the app as this is just garbage.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Tanooki wrote:
ExedExes wrote:I ran!

And that right there fairly well confirmed my worries and others including in this thread. Yes you can go in and get a few items (nice), and you can perhaps get in on a raid (yet to be seen) but otherwise I think I was right.

Status quo unchanged. People will just get/share the berry action to cover up spots to keep squatting on the same gyms, and now with even MORE coins since now it's 1/hr vs 10/21hrs. That'll just allow people to get far more berries with that coin to keep their emotionally snowflaked out pokemon happy to stay in the gym.

Damn shame they didn't care to fix things, but as I figured, set it up to coin harder on the whales and groupies.

I swear if I didn't have this strong not even sure why I do interest in Pokemon I'd erase the app as this is just garbage.

You clearly didn't read my post.

The new coin limit, as of about 3pm today, is 1coin/10 minutes, with a max of 50 coins a day. That means that after a little over 8 hours in a gym, you've reached your max limit for the day. Furthermore, you only get those 50 coins when your Pokemon is defeated in a gym and sent back to you. It doesn't just automatically return to you with coins once it's motivation is gone. It has to be kicked out by another team.

So, essentially, they've sorta nuked the purpose of gym squatting and the berry system by making it pointless, coin-wise, to stay in a gym for too long. There's no point in going back and feeding your Pokemon multiple berries, because if you do that then you won't get your payout. The only reason to feed them is if you're trying to prolong their stay til the next day.

Now, of course, if you're in a hight turnover spot, than you probably want to try to get into as many gyms as possible to maximize on the 1coin/ per 10 minute rule. But for places with not as much activity, it's likely best to just stick a 'mon in a gym, let it power itself down and wait for a different team to come along and kick it out so you can get some dough.

Still not a perfect system, but I do think that with the coin change this afternoon it is a little more fair.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I was aware of the new 1 coin for 10 minute rule, but you're right about the 50 limit. I had one return to me today for 50. Thanks for the heads up, Michi.

Watch for red-colored CP text in gyms; that means the Pokémon's motivation is completely at 0 and one more victory takes it out. It's also good for knowing which ones need feeding.

I now have 27 badges and still have 10 in gyms after losing some.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

So, so far today, Niantic has dropped the level required to join a Raid from 35, to 31 and now it's down to 28. Meaning if you missed out on your free Raid Pass earlier today, you can spin for another one later.

You know, for when they eventually expand Raids to everyone....whenever that may be.

ExedExes wrote:I now have 27 badges and still have 10 in gyms after losing some.

I used to think you seemed to have a larger amount of gyms near you. Now I see that I was right :lol:

With the addition of the two new ones downtown, our city now has 17 (unless they added one I missed).

In other news, my Dragonite lost all motivation around 4:30 this afternoon ("Dragonite needs a berry!"). He's over 3000CP, so he's been draining fast all day, which I initially thought was bad at 12:00 today, but realized it was probably for the best after 3 :lol: . But when I checked on him a little while ago, I saw his motivations is back up to over half. I noticed some of the others I left elsewhere were all 're-motivated' too. Clearly, some sweet souls are feeding them berries to increase their badge levels.....the thoughtful little bastards.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I read the post fine, I get it caps out and you need to be ejected to collect it. As I said you could just be part of a group like EE there is and just rotate out players and keep a gym locked down with solid pokemon still. Seems to me little has changed other being more inconvenient to squat, but you get far more coins than before with the 10/per 21hrs as it was.

I do concede there is a huge up, no lost coins because you forgot to cash it out after the break point, it's free pay when you get tossed.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

A new twist to the coin story has appeared. It has been reported on Silph Road that Niantic took the "50 coins per day" text off their support page and replaced it with a generic "You will get them when Pokémon return to you". Another tweak may possibly be in the works, stay tuned!

And yes, Spring Hill has 30 gyms as of right now. We got 1 from the new update, and areas around me got a few more. I'm down to 6 now. Mystic has 3 and Instinct 5 as of right now. We've got the other 22! Gotta love intelligence.
Last edited by ExedExes on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I just hope you're coordinating with the other teams too, since you're going to need them to come around to kick you out every few hours....Unless Niantic changes that too. Who knows. They've made a lot of tweaks today :lol:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I'm honestly hoping to meet a lot of the other teams during the raids! There are some decent people on the other teams, and I'm sure they'd all like to meet the local contingency of Valor... to... um..... send their regards.

YEAH.. :lol: :lol:

I do have to say Niantic is listening to the players, at least. Not this many immediate changes within days of the updates. They're addressing a lot of issues and bugs too, from what I've seen.