Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by alienjesus »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Definitely catch those pidgeys and rattatas. You get the dust the xp the candy and you can evolve them for tons of xp. The key is, when you transfer the pokemon to the professor, you are just deleting them for an extra piece of candy in hat pokemon type.

You do get 100 dust per catch. You can get more candy from eggs hatching more so than just catching them. I have received as much as 10 candy from a hatch.

I keep finding eggs at pokéstops (there are literally hundreds of the things in London), but I don't have an incubator or any coins.

Do I have to buy one?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

alienjesus wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Definitely catch those pidgeys and rattatas. You get the dust the xp the candy and you can evolve them for tons of xp. The key is, when you transfer the pokemon to the professor, you are just deleting them for an extra piece of candy in hat pokemon type.

You do get 100 dust per catch. You can get more candy from eggs hatching more so than just catching them. I have received as much as 10 candy from a hatch.

I keep finding eggs at pokéstops (there are literally hundreds of the things in London), but I don't have an incubator or any coins.

Do I have to buy an incubator?

You have one with unlimited uses and you can buyou more. You also get some 3 use incubators as you level up. Just go to your pokemon and slide right to see the eggs and start the incubation. The higher the weight of egg, the rarer the pokemon
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Yes. Listen to Bogus. Just keep catching whatever pops up. If nothing else, you can use the stardust.

Also, I'm pretty sure the candy received from hatching is determined by the size of the egg. For instance, my 5k egg hatched this morning. It was a Poliwag. I already had one in my inventory and hadn't caught any others. So I know I already had 3 candy for that pokemon. But after the egg hatch I ended up with 24 candy. That means that that 5k egg gave me 21 candy all by it's little lonesome. I'm halfway towards the 10k egg. I can only guess what one that size can possibly give you.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I don't know the candy amounts from eggs, but it *is* more than if you had caught it. One gave me 10 candy for example.

But today was OK! I went over to some more gyms, and took the Mystic gym at Hospice (yeah yeah morbid) with ease at it only had a Weezing and Pidgeot.

(it got took back about 20 minutes later)

BUT, nearby there was a Valor gym at the Japanese steakhouse. I noticed it was at Level 3 and filled to capacity, but it only needed 300 more Prestige for another level. Someone left a 150 CP Venonat as the first Pokemon (BMF's strategy), so in goes my Flareon for a quick 3-round spar to level up the Gym and allow me to leave MY Flareon there (this gym now has the Venonat, my Flareon, a 900CP Snorlax and 1000CP Vaporeon that already won 1 battle. I'm confident here. As of right now we still have this Gym.)

Niantic is now also accepting locations for new Pokestops and Gyms, so use this form and get to it! You can also report any dangerous/inaccessible stops or gyms there too.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Old grandmas at my work are talking about this.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Xeogred wrote:Old grandmas at my work are talking about this.

That's because the game is currently a genuine epidemic. Everyone is playing and everyone is talking about it, enough that the presidential candidates have addressed it. Enough that my local sports talk radio station is talking about it. It is insane.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I have learned to stop hating filthy casual mobile games, I am really enjoying Pokemon Go. I have been trying to lose a lot a weight ever since I saw the scale read 211 pounds, every other day I have been biking 20-30 miles and playing Pokemon Go. Will there ever be any way to battle other people?
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

So guys. What do you think the odds are that Nintendo will create little Pokémon GO devices for children and the five adults of us left in this world who don't have smartphones? Or is there some kind of cheap alternative device that I can use? Something?

Because I am in legitimate pain that I can't play this game.

I'm just lucky that my good buddy Josh wanders around at midnight catching Pokémon on the west coast and actually takes the time to tell me about his adventures while they're happening. TRUE FRIENDSHIP

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
marurun

Post by marurun »

If you live in an area with good wifi coverage you could maybe get by with an affordable android tablet. Or get a cheap smartphone.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.