Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:Well, it's finally happened. After two years finally has trading and friends. But of course, they're using friend codes, so I'm going to post my code here in case anyone else wants to share.

5876 2102 2278

Added. My code is 0831 5219 6720
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Notice they also have a heavy layer of bs involved with the amounts of dust required to make a trade. It's prohibitive to a fault with the better pokemon on the roster if you need like 20-40K dust to make a transfer.

My wife when she was playing over a year ago had a few decent ones I wanted like a really solid Lapras I'd love to get my hands on, but the dust I know won't be there so it's still walled off.

The nice thing here is you can finally get the region blocked stuff like Kangaskhan at whatever the price may be.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I keep having authentication errors trying to log in.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

fastbilly1 wrote:I keep having authentication errors trying to log in.

It has been really bad lately. Especially if you are signing in with a Pokemon Trainer Club account. I've reboot my phone countless times in the past week and reinstalled a few times too.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Is what it is. Gotta level up until and try to get a Kagashakan before Pokemon Lets Go drops.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Tanooki wrote:Notice they also have a heavy layer of bs involved with the amounts of dust required to make a trade. It's prohibitive to a fault with the better pokemon on the roster if you need like 20-40K dust to make a transfer.

My wife when she was playing over a year ago had a few decent ones I wanted like a really solid Lapras I'd love to get my hands on, but the dust I know won't be there so it's still walled off.

The nice thing here is you can finally get the region blocked stuff like Kangaskhan at whatever the price may be.

Yeah, if you can meet up with someone in the same location who has one, which is unlikely. And frustrating, seeing as they've gone nuts with region exclusives now:

Mr. Mime - Europe
Tauros - North America
Farfetch'd - Japan and Korea
Kangaskhan - Australia
Heracross - Central and south america
Corsola - The tropics
Torkoal - India and Pakistan
Tropius - Africa
Relicanth - New Zealand and Oceania
Illumise - North America, South America and Africa
Volbeat - Europe, Asia and Australasia
Solrock - Swaps regions based on solstices - only available half of the year
Lunatone - Swaps regions based on solstices - only available half of the year
Seviper - Currently Americas and Africa, but was originally in Asia, Europe and Australasia for a short time
Zangoose - Current in Asia, Europe and Australasia, but was originally in the Americas and Africa for a short time
Last edited by alienjesus on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

fastbilly1 wrote:Is what it is. Gotta level up until and try to get a Kagashakan before Pokemon Lets Go drops.

I think that, even with the friend codes, you still have to be near the person you want to trade with. So, despite how much I'd like to, I can't trade AJ a Taurus for a Mr. Mime unless we're in the same room. Which is a shame, because I've got six in my inventory that I've been hoarding for just such an occasion :(

I can send ya'll gifts though, which is cool. I think the postcard images are a nice touch.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Ugh that did go a lot bigger for the exclusives. I have a farfetched, tauros, and the seviper but that's it.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

alienjesus wrote:Heracross - Central and south america

I've got several of these in my inventory and they do pop up regularly, so I'm guessing the spawn rate on this one is based on a certain latitude like Corsola.

Also, Farfetched was available here in the states for a short special event (A week? Weekend? I forget.) Perhaps Niantic will host similar events so Pokemon Go players aren't forced to become world travelers in order to finish the pokedex.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Heracross - Central and south america

I've got several of these in my inventory and they do pop up regularly, so I'm guessing the spawn rate on this one is based on a certain latitude like Corsola.

Also, Farfetched was available here in the states for a short special event (A week? Weekend? I forget.) Perhaps Niantic will host similar events so Pokemon Go players aren't forced to become world travelers in order to finish the pokedex.

Yeah, I have Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd from events too, but Tauros is one of 2 gen 1 pokemon I still need (the other one is Mewtwo).