NGPC Master List - Writers Needed

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: NGPC Master List - Writers Needed

Post by noiseredux »

*Note: I refer to this game simply as Match Of The Millennium as that's what's printed on the spine of the box. The front cover would have you believe that it's titled "Match Of The Millennium: SNK Vs. Capcom." Yet, most people refer to it as "SNK Vs. Capcom: Match Of The Millennium." At the end of the day, y'all can use whichever title you prefer.

Match Of The Millennium
SNK, 1999
Fighting, Rated E

Match Of The Millennium is a fighting game that brings together a roster of nearly forty fighters from both SNK (Fatal Fury, King Of Fighters, Last Blade) and Capcom (Street Fighter, Darkstalkers) games in crossover fashion. Like similar console mash-ups, you can opt for one-on-one or teams of two or three fighters as well as choose which mechanics you prefer (SNK or Capcom). The game utilizes chibi-style sprites to compensate for the system's smaller resolution. Like other fighters on the handheld, MOTM uses button-taps for light attacks and holding down a button for strong attacks. While the link cable is supported for playing against a human opponent, the computer will keep you busy thanks to numerous unlockables as well as bonus mini games.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I can volunteer Puyo Pop as well. I'm trying not to hog stuff.

@Jordy, how's the Card Fighters coming?

@Everyone Else, we still have a lot of games not spoken for.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

noiseredux wrote:*Note: I refer to this game simply as Match Of The Millennium as that's what's printed on the spine of the box. The front cover would have you believe that it's titled "Match Of The Millennium: SNK Vs. Capcom." Yet, most people refer to it as "SNK Vs. Capcom: Match Of The Millennium." At the end of the day, y'all can use whichever title you prefer.

Match Of The Millennium
SNK, 1999
Fighting, Rated E

Match Of The Millennium is a fighting game that brings together a roster of nearly forty fighters from both SNK (Fatal Fury, King Of Fighters, Last Blade) and Capcom (Street Fighter, Darkstalkers) games in crossover fashion. Like similar console mash-ups, you can opt for one-on-one or teams of two or three fighters as well as choose which mechanics you prefer (SNK or Capcom). The game utilizes chibi-style sprites to compensate for the system's smaller resolution. Like other fighters on the handheld, MOTM uses button-taps for light attacks and holding down a button for strong attacks. While the link cable is supported for playing against a human opponent, the computer will keep you busy thanks to numerous unlockables as well as bonus mini games.

The teams of two are tag teams so you can tag in and out, as such they are different to the 3 person teams where you can't do this.

In the interests of clarity it's probably also worth mentioning that the link cable also allows the game to link up with Cardfighters clash and it can also be linked up via the Dreamcast cable forKing of the Fighters '98.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Both good additions. Thank you.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Neo Geo Cup 98 Plus Color
SNK, 1999
Sports, Rated E

Neo Geo Cup 98 Plus Color is an arcade style football/soccer simulator that is an enhanced version of the original NGP game 'Neo Geo Cup 98'. As the name implies, this version adds color to that game's monochrome graphics although in a rather basic way that means that every in-game player remains Caucasian, despite players of multiple ethnicity appearing in its cut-scenes. Other new additions are a single player 'exhibition' mode and digitized in-game speech .

The game's main mode is the RPG style "story". Here you take charge of a team and must manage them through an infinite series of 'NEO GEO CUP' competitions, choosing players, formation and tactics. The format of the tournament is styled after the 1998 World Cup, as are most of the subtlety altered player names. Victories, goals scored and cups won will gain your team money and supporter reputation. This can improve the overall stats of your team and allow you to purchase a huge variety of, often comedic, upgrades from the in-game shop. Random encounters and situations occur throughout 'story' mode to keep game-play fresh and surprising, such as thieves stealing your items or travelling salesmen showing up at your stadium.

There is a 2-player link up mode where players may engage each other in an exhibition match or trade items from story mode with each other via the link cable. The game uses battery back-up to store gameplay statistics and one 'story' campaign per cart.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nice. I was just thinking recently about how I need to get back to working on these write-ups as well.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I will do some more editing after I have completed my move at the end of the month.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.