Your Nintendo Playstation Dream Software list!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Your Nintendo Playstation Dream Software list!

Post by Tanooki »

Well I think it would be a fairly easy statement with some accuracy assumed to it saying that the unique games the Sega and TG16 CD saw back in the exact years the SNESCD would have existed would have ended up on there too outside of exclusives.

All those notable titles from the Lunar games, the Konami releases, various non-NEC backed shooters, the anime DBZ etc stuff, Snatcher, Myst, the EA properties would have all gone to Nintendo. They could have better handled given the visual output and audio output quality of a stock SNES and what could have been assumed to have been expanded upon due to the CD drive. Also it would be easy given the track record of some companies to figure they'd have dumped carts for discs, big obvious ones being Square and Enix. Final Fantasy 4 would have been on a CART but stuff a year or two later like FF5, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Illusion of Gaia, even Mario RPG and so on would have been pressed to CDs to save money but also allow more room for rudimentary 3D mapping, full scored sound tracks, and other fun little perks we saw the SCD and TG16 had going for them.

The SNES would have been a big gorilla rampaging on the other two, instead they pissed off Sony, caused them to add more RAm and some added 3D capabilities and kicked their sorry asses into niche-town permanently with the PS1 since. All those lost third party games and deals would still have been on a Nintendo disc based system around 1996 as the N64 wouldn't have had the cartridge slot.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Any idea what was the target release date of this guy in relation to other systems/add ons?

Snatcher on the SCD uses the Konami Justifier gun. The SNES old had 1 Justifier game. Would've been cool.

Mode 7 plus streaming off a disc could've had some awesome possibilities.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

All I would have wanted to see would be Mother 3/Earthbound 2.

Outside of that, anything goes.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I wonder , because of the performance of the SNES CPU, if we would have seen SNES cart + CD games, like the few Sega CD/32X games. Some SNES games would not have been possible if it weren't for the extra hardware in the cart. Like the SA-1, from what I understand, is basically a second CPU. It's essentially a console add-on + game. We probably would have seen cart + CD combos, that basically ran the game off the cart and streamed music or FMV from the CD.

Speaking of, for those that weren't aware, do a YouTube search for "SNES MSU1".