Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

by TEKTORO Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Stark wrote:
mas wrote:With a trade I ended up getting three games complete.
Bloddy roar
Raiden
Victory run
I need sleep but tested raiden. What a nice port of the arcade classic. Will try our other games before I go to work tomorrow.

Do you mean Bloody Wolf? If so, all three are pretty fun games. Love Raiden, although it gets super hard by Stage 4.

Don't worry mas, Stark has corrected me so many times and I love him for it! :)

Lately I've been slacking with spelling but in all fairness iPads suck and feel like spelling whatever the hell it wants?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Stark wrote:
mas wrote:With a trade I ended up getting three games complete.
Bloddy roar
Raiden
Victory run
I need sleep but tested raiden. What a nice port of the arcade classic. Will try our other games before I go to work tomorrow.

Do you mean Bloody Wolf? If so, all three are pretty fun games. Love Raiden, although it gets super hard by Stage 4.

Lol yeah I mean bloddy wolf
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:11 pm

TEKTORO wrote:Don't worry mas, Stark has corrected me so many times and I love him for it! :)

Lately I've been slacking with spelling but in all fairness iPads suck and feel like spelling whatever the hell it wants?

Good to see you on more these days! :)
Last edited by Stark on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Stark wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:
Stark wrote:Don't worry mas, Stark has corrected me so many times and I love him for it! :)

Good to see you on more these days! :)

Thanks!
Best site in the world, still can't believe I found out about it through Game Informer Magazine (seriously shocking).

It's like the Manhattan of gaming forums, a huge melting pot.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:26 pm

So I have a PC Engine now :mrgreen: . Cute little system.
It's a "Core Grafx" (Grey w/Blue logo) system and has been modded to play (and only play) US/Turbografx games :) :| :? .

I have exactly 3 games for the thing:
Bonk
Military Madness
...and
...you guessed it
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (so far, more enjoyable that its reputation)

Sadly, no shooters (a bit too pricey for me).

I would really like to get Dungeon Explorer for the right price though.
But otherwise, I'll be making use of an Everdrive.

My purchase came with the briefcase interface and CD player (not working). I REALLY want Deunan to finish work on his ODE for the thing so I can give it new life. I plan to be one of the 1st in line when he does (I am patient).
Trying to decide if I should get another PC Engine for that day so that I can have dedicated systems, but I'm just weird like that :wink: .
Also debating a multi-adapter. But as I have Bombermen on other systems and I only have 1 controller anyways...
...just another lost soul...
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:03 am

If you do go with multiple systems, you might want to look up Keith Courage (the forum member) on PCEngineFX.com, he's the man for fixing CD systems and IIRC works relatively cheap.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:16 am

Grabbed this bad boy on eBay today.

Already have it on Super Famicom but whatevs.

Only game in the series that doesn't have a current or pending North American release. Kinda surprised there isn't a fan translation, actually.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:32 am

Dang, that "Legend of Heroes" series reaches way back.

KalessinDB wrote:If you do go with multiple systems, you might want to look up Keith Courage (the forum member) on PCEngineFX.com, he's the man for fixing CD systems and IIRC works relatively cheap.

I'll keep that in mind, but I would really prefer to repurpose the CD drive for a digital option (I'm losing trust in the aging media, drives and CDs alike).
But if the day never comes that I get an ODE for the thing, it would be fun to at least try the beast out one way or another (and yes I know that you can burn fresh CDs for the system, although, I've had crummy luck with my Sega CD attempts; but I at least have a nice collection of legit CDs for that).
So we'll see, I may come around.
...just another lost soul...
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:38 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Grabbed this bad boy on eBay today.

Already have it on Super Famicom but whatevs.

Only game in the series that doesn't have a current or pending North American release. Kinda surprised there isn't a fan translation, actually.

Nice!

I'm planning to start the first Legend of Heroes shortly, hopefully tomorrow.

I'd love to play 2 after that (its a direct sequel isn't it?), but without a translation I'm up shit creek.

Are you going to write about it? Please write about it, I want to live vicariously through you.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

I believe it is a direct sequel, yes. It looks very graphically similar as well.

I'll get to playing it when I have a chance. I wanna get the Mega Drive version too. :lol:
Return to Other Platforms