How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I got a Duo in 2011 or so. $200 complete. Brought in the instruction booklet to my Japanese coworker and she translated it all for me. :lol:

I just ordered another three CD RPGs. Super stoked! I'm working my way through The Legend of Heroes now, and then I'll probably get back to more Japanese-exclusive stuff.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Not bad, I'd pay that, I just won't pay $500-600+ for one that is or isn't recapped as that's insane. I had one back in the day I bought from tzd.com (turbo zone direct) which was NECs online seller of games, consoles and accessories that was a loose system without the box or paperwork. Fantastic system, favorite of mine in the 90s that wasn't a Nintendo console other than the Dreamcast which just squeezed in in Late 1999.

I had a nice healthy library of HuCards and US+JP CDs/SCDs I really do miss. Price is the one and only deciding factor why I never bought one back in the last 5 years as it was the first thing to get stupid after the NES was run up the flag pole. It probably will always grate on me until I find one on dumb luck for a low price, but like other things I'm not holding my breath for that kind of chance happening. I'd even settle for a TG+Booster and find the CD and SystemCard 3.02?(I think it was that) after the fact but as I understand it they can be equally rotten to piece together anyway.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Sarge wrote:I'm still wanting a Duo myself. I did discover, however, that one of my Saturn games is worth mad bank: Mega Man 8: Anniversary Edition. I've got the PSX version, and while the Saturn version is a bit better, I don't know that it's $300 better. :lol:

Actually, I could also turn around and spend that money on a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. Hey, anyone want to trade? :)

Christ, is that what PDS is going for these days?! I paid around $90 for that about a decade ago and felt guilty about it! :?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Geez, it's actually worse. It's averaging $500 on eBay. :shock:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, $300 is about what it was selling for back when I got it almost a decade ago. You got a fantastic deal with your $90 in the same timeframe.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

MrPopo wrote:Yeah, $300 is about what it was selling for back when I got it almost a decade ago. You got a fantastic deal with your $90 in the same timeframe.

I think mine was the PAL version if that makes any difference. I don't know if that goes for the same or not. I had my Saturn modded with region and 60 hz switches as I recall. With PDS I figured it was something that paid for itself as I'd always get my money back since it will never be re-released digitally.

Glad to say I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. If I'm ever re-united with my Saturn stuff (all in storage in the UK right now) I'd like to take it for a second spin.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

PAL is a little cheaper. I honestly wouldn't care, I'd take it in any form. :)
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sarge wrote:Geez, it's actually worse. It's averaging $500 on eBay. :shock:

Still worth it, BTW. It is such a boss game.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a god tier RPG. About five years ago, I paid $400 for CIB copies for all three Panzer Dragoon Saturn games. Never once regretted it since a near-mint CIB copy of PDS often creeps into $600 and $700 territory on eBay.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

So I guess that high price is because you guys found Panzer Dragoon Saga for the TG16 CD? Pretty sure this isn't a Sega topic. ;)