How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mas
Next-Gen

How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Post by mas »

I couldn't find a thread really dedicated to the turbografx 16 like the way we have here on the other platforms. So if there is one then let me know but I wanted to create a thread dedicated to the turbografx 16.
A few weeks ago I found this wonderful machine with 2 controllers and 5 games for ten dollars. Games were
Super star soldier
keith courage
victory run
blazing lasers
r type

Now in the last couple weeks I managed to get
alien crush
space harrier
legendary axe 1 and 2
side arms
bomberman 93
vigilante
galaga 90
veigues tactical shooter
moto roader
I absolutely love this system. There are so many games that either I never heard of or never played. Growing up I only knew one kid in the neighborhood who had one. I only seen gameplay of bonks or fighting street. He was the kid that always got the new system when it came out. I never even could play with the system when I was at his house.
I had this once but never appreciated it or even sat down to play with it a few years ago. now I have had the time to play these games and it is such an underrated system. I feel that it deserves recognition and some of these games are fantastic. legendary axe is so good and bonk's adventure especially level 2 is so great and alien crush is addictive.

Now these games do tend to be pricy if you want complete with case and manual. But you can find them at a decent price. You just gotta have patience. I found my stuff through friends online and ebay. My next save up will be ninja spirit.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: How's your TurboGrafx 16/PC Engine Going on

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I love this system too. I have a small library, but I enjoy it quite a bit. My daughter and I played a bit of Victory Run the other night, which is like NEC's take on OutRun.

I also have a PC Engine Duo and a small amount of import RPGs like Ys IV and the Xak games. Good stuff!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I've always wanted to get into the PC-Engine more but I haven't been able to make the jump from emulation, possibly because it was something I didn't experience in its day.

The shooter library alone is fantastic.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I have one too.

I got it a few years back.

I have a few games, but not that much. They were rare back in the day and now even more harder to find!

These are the games I currently own:

Bonks Adventure
TV Sports Football
The Legendary Axe
Ninja Spirit
Keith Courage In Alpha Zones
Fantasy Zone
Blazing Lazers
Pac- Land
Dungeon Explorer
Victory Run
World Class Baseball

It's not much, but I have a good start with a few rarer(?) games

I'm still hoping for the day when I hit the motherload at my local fleamarket.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Played some Vigilante last night, pretty straightforward brawler and you are only on one plane, which is weird. It also makes it incredibly difficult to avoid certain enemies' attacks.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I just got some of the games I mentioned in the mail today. Legendary Axe 2 looks so much fun. Just played a minute to test it. Tonight I'm on that game. I forgot one other game I got complete.
Splatterhouse. That should come in tomorrow.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Stark wrote:Played some Vigilante last night, pretty straightforward brawler and you are only on one plane, which is weird. It also makes it incredibly difficult to avoid certain enemies' attacks.

Did you know it is a spiritual successor to Kung Fu Master?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Explains why it's so terrible then... :lol:

I really need to finish Dragon's Curse one of these days. And snag a copy of Neutopia II.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Explains why it's so terrible then... :lol:

I really need to finish Dragon's Curse one of these days. And snag a copy of Neutopia II.

I have Neutopia II, it's great!
Hobie-wan wrote:
Stark wrote:Played some Vigilante last night, pretty straightforward brawler and you are only on one plane, which is weird. It also makes it incredibly difficult to avoid certain enemies' attacks.

Did you know it is a spiritual successor to Kung Fu Master?

The arcade game? I always hated that some parts were right to left. So weird to my brain.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Splatterhouse has the single plane brawler thing going on too but you only ever have to go right.