Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: That other classic LCD game thread

by flojocabron Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
alienjesus wrote:It's a little LCD Galaga clone:

That's vacuum fluorescent display, not liquid crystal. Like I mentioned I had a Pac Man one. I think they still count for the spirit of this thread though.

Here's another LCD radioshack game I had as a kid

http://youtu.be/R5hxxArgrUg

It was my brothers and I remember playing it a lot as a kid.

I also remember scrambling it. If you repeatedly removed the battery and inserted it, the game would mess up a little and you would have to figure it out how to play it with the mistakes.

I was a bored little kid. I also did this with other LCD games in the past.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Why am I sorta ashamed of owning so many of these things that you all have posted LOL.

I know it is not LCD but does anyone have a Merlin? I picked one up and have yet to try it and for the life of me cannot remember how it plays LOL.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:06 pm

well guess what!

I backtracked on the image I put up for the plane and tank game.

and I was led to this site!

http://www.pica-pic.com/#

relive that classic game you played once a long time ago!

I bookmarked it!

Gonna play some plane and tank!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 pm

wclem wrote:Why am I sorta ashamed of owning so many of these things that you all have posted LOL.

I know it is not LCD but does anyone have a Merlin? I picked one up and have yet to try it and for the life of me cannot remember how it plays LOL.

Yes, luckily I still had the manual for it when I found it last. Once again I have no idea where it was put away, it'll probably turn up again to surprise me when I least expect it.

flojocabron wrote:well guess what!

I backtracked on the image I put up for the plane and tank game.

and I was led to this site!

http://www.pica-pic.com/#

relive that classic game you played once a long time ago!

I bookmarked it!

Gonna play some plane and tank!

Cool! I was wondering if someone had done anything like this.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm

wclem wrote:Why am I sorta ashamed of owning so many of these things that you all have posted LOL.

Some neighbors down the street had one. I remember playing it once or twice with them and they showed me how. A few years later I was watching the house and feeding the pets while they were on vacation and I couldn't remember how to play it at all. :lol:
Return to Other Platforms