Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Nuon - Hunting In the "Wild"

by aaron Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:20 am

Jagosaurus wrote:@Aaron, did that CDi work?

yep! it was a CDi-220 model (this one). i never sourced a controller or remote for it, eventually ended up selling it to a friend for like $10. he was happy, i was happy, it was a neat experience. the CD-i really sucks.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:That's pretty cool, dawg. I found a nice LaserDisc player in one of said Goodwill "stacks" once. Unfortunately I was in Baltimore and there was no way I was going to get that beast on a plane with me.

yeah, that's always a huge bummer. i found a nice laserdisc player while visiting my aunt and uncle in phoenix. but, yeah, no way i'm putting that in my luggage.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 am

I once found a CD-i remote controller in the wild, but no player. I scoured the whole place top to bottom, but none to be found.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:Lol yuuup Bonez... & FM Marty. One can dream. I also found a legit LD player (two lasers, no flip) but it was $30 & there were no movies to test it. Couldn't justify the risk.

I passed on a CED player I found last year at Goodwill. I probably should have taken the gamble though as I picked up Yellowbeard on CED for giggles for a few bucks some time before that. By the time I thought about it more and went back, it was gone.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Oddly enough I found a stack of CED movies .... no player in sight lol. Seems to be my luck.
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 am

Yall be careful with CED players, they are super fickle. Ive had three and all have had issues after one or two playings. But I do own Empire Strikes Back and Duck Soup on CED.

Like yall I always check the AV gear for anything oddball. Ive never found anything game related that was worth mentioning, but I have hopes for the day I find a Laseractive or Nuon.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, my brother bought himself Star Wars on CED selectavision. He thought it was a laserdisk, but I explained the difference to him. Now he's searching for the player.

Say, can you get audio off of a CED if you tried to play it on a turntable? I heard that some SegaCD and Saturn games have soundtracks you can play on a CD player. Kind of a similar concept, right.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:47 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:Say, can you get audio off of a CED if you tried to play it on a turntable? I heard that some SegaCD and Saturn games have soundtracks you can play on a CD player. Kind of a similar concept, right.

Haha no, completely different concept.
marurun

by marurun Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Never heard of CED before. Read a little about it on Wikipedia. Anyone have first-hand experience with it? What's it like?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:50 pm

So amusingly I finally found a copy of Buckaroo Banzai this evening. It lists Nuon in the features.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:51 pm

marurun wrote:Never heard of CED before. Read a little about it on Wikipedia. Anyone have first-hand experience with it? What's it like?

James Rolf (AVGN) did a CED video. They're pretty much video records, thus the protective hard sleeve.
Return to Other Platforms