Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Re: Custom portable arcade done right? Just...wow

by Lokkenjawnz Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:03 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:The joystick locking mechanism is the coolest part. I am not 100% sure how he did that.

Looks like the joystick just screws into it, not really locking it. Fairly simple to do I'd imagine.
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Lokkenjawnz wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:The joystick locking mechanism is the coolest part. I am not 100% sure how he did that.

Looks like the joystick just screws into it, not really locking it. Fairly simple to do I'd imagine.

You'd just need to tap it for the existing threads on the releasing joystick. I didn't see any compartment for the joystick, so i'd imagine that this is the case.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:23 am

SpoonyBard wrote:
Lokkenjawnz wrote:

You'd just need to tap it for the existing threads on the releasing joystick. I didn't see any compartment for the joystick, so i'd imagine that this is the case.

Ive just not seen a stick like that screws in.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 pm

http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/

Threads are on the opposite sides on this one, but same idea.
ClassicallyTrained
8-bit

by ClassicallyTrained Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:53 am

that's really interesting - it functional, but is also a work of art. I agree that the price is more than I would pay for it, but I appreciate the work and thought that went into it.

Thanks for sharing!
ClassicallyTrained.net - Life & Leadership Lessons from Classic Video Games
Return to Other Platforms