iPhone RPGs - looking for good buys

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: iPhone RPGs - looking for good buys

Post by casterofdreams »

Metal Jesus is right on the money with Star Wars.

Also The World Ends With You. Worth every penny!
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

casterofdreams wrote:Metal Jesus is right

Period.
Weekend shmupper
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Nyukki wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Metal Jesus is right

Period.

He usually is :lol: There's a reason I watch some of his videos(but heck his mobile ones aren't ones I've watched since I'm not big into them when at least zenonia 1 is on vita :D)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

You mention you don't want virtual d-pads and long stretches of dedicated play, but then you go on to talk about Jrpg's. :lol:

The FF games are okay on ios. Just wait for a sale.
A few recommendations:

Sword of Fargoal- an ancient roguelike (from '82, according to wiki). It has been remade for ios. It is incredibly basic but scratches that dungeon crawl itch. There are plenty of other roguelikes if you're into those but this is the first one off the top of my head.

Knights of Pen & Paper- takes the tabletop gaming experience and streamlines it into video game form. Quite fun. Really easy to drop in and out of.

Wayward Souls- I have not played this, however the internet at large is going crazy about it. From what I understand, it is an action rpg with randomly generated dungeons. The developer is also raising the price with each update... So if it looks interesting you might want to buy the game sooner rather than later.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Opa Opa wrote:Knights of Pen & Paper- takes the tabletop gaming experience and streamlines it into video game form. Quite fun. Really easy to drop in and out of.

I dont have an iOS device, but I have this on my android and it is quite an interesting game. If you can find it on sale I would grab it.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

So I am attempting a run on Knights of the Old Republic solely on an iPod Touch. Since its been nearly 10 years from my last play through I'm sure its going to be relatively new to me. I won't be able to comment if this port has bugs or anything though. The touch controls take a bit to get used to. I had to raise the sensitivity and adjust pausing during combat to pause on mostly every instance until I get used to it all.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I played through Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes on an android phone. It had a few glitches, but the game was great!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
marurun

Post by marurun »

I feel something like KotOR would be much better on a tablet than a phone.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

marurun wrote:I feel something like KotOR would be much better on a tablet than a phone.

It did get released for the iPad first then it was brought over to the other ios devices. I gots no monies for that iPad though.