Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
3DSStrider
128-bit

Biomotor Unitron language option?

by 3DSStrider Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:02 pm

I bought a copy of Biomotor Unitron off Amazon recently. I got it today and to my surprise, it was Japanese. I've heard some Neo Geo Pocket games use the language you set in the system menu, but BU is still in Japanese. Is there an ingame option to change the language, or should I just return it.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Biomotor Unitron language option?

by GSZX1337 Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm afraid not. The EU version doesn't allow you to change the language either.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 am

Amazon Marketplace really needs to improve a lot in this aspect. It's often a real struggle to tell if a game is Jap/EU/NA or even boxed or cart only. They seem to use such generic stock descriptions and photos that it makes it very hit and miss knowing whhat you are buying at times.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 am

Betagam7 wrote:Amazon Marketplace really needs to improve a lot in this aspect. It's often a real struggle to tell if a game is Jap/EU/NA or even boxed or cart only. They seem to use such generic stock descriptions and photos that it makes it very hit and miss knowing whhat you are buying at times.

that seems to be the case for any retailer when it comes to NGPC sadly. I generally won't buy a NGPC game unless there's actual pics of it proving to me that I'm getting the region and completeness that I want.
Ack

by Ack Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

That's exactly why I have avoided the Amazon marketplace. They've apparently been getting better in recent years, but without an actual photograph, I generally refuse to buy a product from there.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Ack wrote:That's exactly why I have avoided the Amazon marketplace. They've apparently been getting better in recent years, but without an actual photograph, I generally refuse to buy a product from there.

Yeah I buy new games off Amazon as long as the seller is actually Amazon itself. If I buy anything used though, I'm seeing a picture first... which means I'm buying it off eBay.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm

I've taken a chance with Amazon before and got a good deal (a boxed complete NGPC game). It can pay off due to others reticence and lack of seller awareness in comparison to ebay...but I don't see what reason such a big company has for using stock descriptions and pictures.

TC, you should definately try and seek out an English Unitron though. It's well worth playing. I started it the other day and am finding it a fun title.

I've heard there was a sequel but that sadly it is only Japanese.

Also, just to add to TC's original query. Is there a definitive list anywhere or NGPC games that have the language option/automatic translation feature where the game checks the handhelds settings?

I recall reading that at least one game has additional features when the settings are changed to Japanese. I believe it might be Match of the Millenium and blood.
Return to Other Platforms