Neo Geo a few questions

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
s8n
128-bit

Re: Neo Geo a few questions

Post by s8n »

i got another question for you two..................

say you have a JPN AES / JPN version game / and a unibios

in the unibios settings if you set it to US region , does the game language change from Japanese to English ?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

s8n wrote:i got another question for you two..................

say you have a JPN AES / JPN version game / and a unibios

in the unibios settings if you set it to US region , does the game language change from Japanese to English ?

They do indeed :D
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

hi spandex , wow thats great news !

thanks for that tip
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

i made an error in my question before so ill re-word it..............

say you have a JPN AES / JPN MVS version game / and a unibios

the change is using a MVS cart instead of a AES one
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Yep the games play in whatever language your system is set to.
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

roger that thanks spandex
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

synbiosfan wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Why is 100% authentic a warning sign?

It's like when someone says "Rare" on eBay, the person usually knows shit. If you've found it to be true, that's great, really. But I'm still going to warn people based on my experiences :wink:

A couple of AES/Home System bootlegs Of Aero Fighters 3 took forum experts a few months to prove not legit not that long ago.

The Neo Geo games just have a lot of boots out there.

mjmjr25 wrote:Regarding "hundreds of dollars" for AES boots. I've not seen any AES conversions sell for over $300, most sell in the $125-200 range.

Uh, hundreds means more than one hundred, not sure of what you were trying to prove. It sounds like you agree :lol:

I've known people who've bought the boots as real, seller thought they were 100% Authentic!

synbiosfan, it sounds like you kept current with that drama- wasn't it simply a case of legit JPN sonic wings 3 carts with fake English inserts/labels/manuals? If so, then the circuit boards themselves wouldn't give you an indication of being fake, right?

The cliff notes version would be appreciated, as I don't want to sift through 200+ pages of garbage. Thanks!

As for MVS, I've bought and sold carts and personally don't claim authenticity. If there's a foil "void" sticker on the side, I include it in the listing. Of course, those can be faked too.

Another reason for a "new" label would be to sell legit JPN carts and slap an English label on them..
synbiosfan
64-bit

Post by synbiosfan »

shallowgamer wrote:synbiosfan, it sounds like you kept current with that drama- wasn't it simply a case of legit JPN sonic wings 3 carts with fake English inserts/labels/manuals? If so, then the circuit boards themselves wouldn't give you an indication of being fake, right?

The cliff notes version would be appreciated, as I don't want to sift through 200+ pages of garbage. Thanks!

IIRC The carts were proved fake because of the inserts/labels/manuals being different from the standards used back in the day.

Some pics from one of the upset owners.

Repro's are making it a lot harder to find the real deal on any system.

I sold a MUSHA with a sunfaded case and a phone number written on the back of the manual for $175. Nothing is keeping the buyer from printing off a case insert scan and getting $250+ on eBay :?
Diabetes Sucks!
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

The poor lighting in the pics of your MUSHA hurt the sale I thought, tbh.

Ethics hopefully would prevent folks from doing that (selling repros as originals) and any reputable insert / cart / box repro maker notes them as repros somewhere on the item. Obviously not everyone has ethics.

Manuals and art are easy to replicate and pass the eye test (easy being subjective) but again it points to asking for PCB pics of anything that is either known to be booted, or anything that is of high value. PCB's are not easy to replicate by any stretch.

Any questionable title can be answered in a matter of seconds with a PCB pic.

The issue w/AF3 was that for 20K/per and up, Jason was willing to sac original SW3 PCB's.
synbiosfan
64-bit

Post by synbiosfan »

mjmjr25 wrote:The poor lighting in the pics of your MUSHA hurt the sale I thought, tbh.

Considering what I paid for it when Gamestop was dumping their Genesis stuff, I was happy. The buyer seems happy too. Win, win.

Too bad none of the other Genny stuff (I picked up then) goes for the big dollars :lol:
Diabetes Sucks!