How to blow on a Hu card

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Toktogul
32-bit

How to blow on a Hu card

Post by Toktogul »

I bought pc genjin 1 and it's the only Hu card that my pc engine won't read. I managed to run it once for 5 min then it frooze. i tried to blow on the contActs but it's not as easy as the nintendo/sega carts games. how do you blow your games? what do you recommand to do?

on a side note, my pc engine duo's sound is getting really really quiet (i need to turn my tv to the max volume level) I heard i had to change the capacitors, i plan on doing so with my dad as a father and son project. he is very good at soldering stuff and understands well electronic. how hard is it to change those to make it work fine? thank you
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: How to blow on a Hu card

Post by TSTR »

Toktogul wrote:how do you blow your games?

Make them buy me dinner first. If they're really nice, I'll put an Altoid in my mouth while I'm doing it.

But yeah, don't blow on cart contacts. Alcohol, q-tips, contact cleaner (not the stuff for your eyeballs), Google.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Alcohol and Q-tips is the way to go like TSTR suggested. If you have some stuff caked on there you might have to lightly scrape the contacts a bit.
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

thanks a lot for the info. i'll go grab a bottle tonight! you guys are awesome!
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Use a white eraser and all but the toughest shit will come right off.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Toktogul wrote:on a side note, my pc engine duo's sound is getting really really quiet (i need to turn my tv to the max volume level) I heard i had to change the capacitors, i plan on doing so with my dad as a father and son project. he is very good at soldering stuff and understands well electronic. how hard is it to change those to make it work fine? thank you

If you're good at soldering, have the right tools and know enough to get the correct replacement caps, then it's relatively easy to do. The hardest part would be if it's time consuming due to how many caps there are to replace.
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

i have all the time in the world, i want to fix this amazing piece of technology. Pc engine without the music is not the same experience. i think we will be fine then, thanks for the infos.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

TSTR wrote:

put an Altoid in my mouth while I'm doing it.

Nah man, you want those candies that go pop pop when you eat them.
Weekend shmupper
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Toktogul wrote:i tried to blow on the contActs but it's not as easy as the nintendo/sega carts games. how do you blow your games? what do you recommand to do?

Never blow on your games again. It makes them worse as the moisture in your breath dries and adds another layer of corrosion. If you've been blowing on the games, then the contacts in the system are now dirty too. :x
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Nyukki wrote:
TSTR wrote:

put an Altoid in my mouth while I'm doing it.

Nah man, you want those candies that go pop pop when you eat them.

I only break those out to mix with Coca-Cola when I feel like giving what I call "The Lorena Bobbitt Special."

EDIT: Aaaaand so the post that pushes me to 128-bit status is a joke about fellatio gone horribly wrong. I feel like a valuable contributor to this community.