Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
SirGawain
64-bit

Turbografx 16 case question

by SirGawain Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:59 pm

I have been doing a little searching and wanted to get some of you guys opinions on the matter. Something that always bugged me are games not in a case. I know it is a little OCD but it just looks a little cleaner and I feel better about my investment. Disc games aren't hard at all, but the problem is weird shaped card games, i.e. Turbografx 16 and SMS cards. The Cover Project pretty much only gives you the option of a DVD case. With the 16, the original cases are basically cd cases. I have stumbled across two options. The first is http://seymoronion.com/Custom_Game_Cases/TG16_Chip.html, but there is apparently no telling when these cases will be available. The other is this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tavLeiQpqk who has basically done most of the heavy lifting. Obviously the best choice is to get CIB games, but that is getting harder and harder as time goes on. Just wanting to know what some of you collectors think is the best option.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Turbografx 16 case question

by fastbilly1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:15 pm

My plan is to go the DVD case route when I finally get around to making cases for my PCE games but I only have about 14 and all are loose. For now they live in a small fishing lure container in a big tub with SNES stuff.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:36 pm

pretty sure universal game cases fit turbografx hue cards http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/ ... _Code=USCG

100 for $60 and about $18 shipping
SirGawain
64-bit

by SirGawain Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:44 pm

I have thought about using the UGC, but the issue is space. They take up a whole lot more room than a jewel case or a dvd case. I do plan on using them for the other cartridge based games. It would be awesome if seymoronion could get those cases out to the public. That would be my first option and I think I might be leaning toward Dvd cases just because of the durability vs a jewel case
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

So by case do you mean the CD looking one? You could just get random lots of crap cases and get replacement stickers made by Sparky on the PCEFX forums. If you're going for cardboard boxes, that's a bit tougher.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:17 pm

I actually store all my in a little plastic container intended to hold a small stack of CCG cards. They fit perfectly.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Toktogul
32-bit

by Toktogul Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I dont know how much of an option it is for you, but i simply ended up buying multiple hu card cheap/bad games for my pc engine and i stole their plastic pouch for my real collection. no more floaty hu cards in my jewel case. I'm not OCD, but the hu card floating in a case thing made me gringe every single time.

Thats in Japan so there is many cheap games, there must be at least one or two titles in the usa that do not command an high price you could buy in mass to become donator to your collection ;)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 pm

I bought a pack of the sleeves from that guy before too, so all of my games are at least sleeved. That'll be cool if the trays work out. I only have one game in a CD case that I broke the remaining teeth out of the middle (it was already hosed) since I got a card and manual and wanted to have it in something. I randomly got some thin foam sheeting in a package so I can cut some of that up to replace what's missing from some of my Japanese card games.
marurun

by marurun Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 am

Hobie, that's probably the best practical method. In fact, it might be worth trying one of those slim CD cases and knocking out the hub. Then you might not need the foam.

Does anyone know where to get that sticky glue-like gel that is often used to hold folded junk advertisements shut? I know some of the US TG-16 releases used some of that stuff to hold the little plastic envelope in place.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SirGawain
64-bit

by SirGawain Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:46 am

Hobie-wan wrote:That'll be cool if the trays work out.

Thats what I am hoping for, but I haven't seen any updates from him in a while.

marurun wrote:Does anyone know where to get that sticky glue-like gel that is often used to hold folded junk advertisements shut? I know some of the US TG-16 releases used some of that stuff to hold the little plastic envelope in place.

The guy in the video used the little circle velcro things after he busted out the center hub. I think with that and maybe a heavier clear sleeve (like one used for credit cards) , it would be perfect.
Return to Other Platforms