Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Just bought a PC Engine, let's chat

by ninjainspandex Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:37 pm

So my friend in Japan just bought me a white PC engine with matching CD Rom attatchment, docking bay thing, system 3.0 card and Dracula Rondo of blood and 7 hu card games. Only thing it is missing is the proper AC Adapter. What are my options for a replacement? I heard Genesis model 2 cables work would this third party one be ok? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEGA-GENESI ... 43c270671a

Also I am going to buy a flash cart, whats currently the best one on the market? Can they double as the Arcade card?

Also would love to hear your guys recommendations of games I should try.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: Just bought a PC Engine, let's chat

by Thierry Henry Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:18 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:So my friend in Japan just bought me a white PC engine with matching CD Rom attatchment

As you might be aware those CD units are prone to having a few issues. Chief amongst those is a middle gear which is known to turn into cheddar cheese. :P

Only thing it is missing is the proper AC Adapter. What are my options for a replacement?

To power up the whole briefcase setup?
For that you'd need similar specs to 9V, 1450mA. Inside negative, 2.5mm x 5mm jack.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks don't worry my friend did test it and it worked great! he used his own AC adapter from his PC engine but sadly he didn't have an extra one to give me. So now I need to find a replacement. yes its the briefcase interface unit

any places online other than ebay that I could order one? or one on ebay that isn't $30+
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Hmm, I have used a Gen 1 brick with my Core Grafx and my TG16. Did they change the plug after the original white PCE?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Hmm, I have used a Gen 1 brick with my Core Grafx and my TG16. Did they change the plug after the original white PCE?

I believe the model 1 plug works with just the square PC engine but won't fit in the Interface unit to power the CD rom.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Ah ok then.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 am

ninjainspandex wrote:So now I need to find a replacement. yes its the briefcase interface unit
any places online other than ebay that I could order one? or one on ebay that isn't $30+

http://gamedoctorhk.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=203
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Return to Other Platforms