Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Board Games: The Thread (Come say hi!)

by aaron Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 am

hi.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:13 am

TSTR wrote:Does Jenga count? Tonight we almost played our drinking game version of Jenga, where each piece has some sort of drink amount or crazy rule we wrote on it. Unfortunately, the girlfriend had too much vodka and passed out, so no blocks for me.

Booooo. My old drinking game Jenga was also a stripping game (as all good drinking games are).

Sadly, don't really have the group of people to play that with like I did in my college years. It's mostly guys at board game night these days, and... yeah.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:08 am

More Talisman stories. It went on sale yesterday on Steam and my wife bought me the Season Pass of DLC, so everything released for the game already and in the future. Then a buddy of mine bought the game himself, and we discovered we did not need to all own the DLC - Great little feature there. We played an introductory game which we both did very poorly in. Then we played an excellent round where his Thief kept hitting up the Assassin for items, but then almost died while the Fighter beat him up taking what he stole, while my Monk moseyed around the map trying to level strength but failing to do so. Eventually the Fighter made it to the crown and I died making a valiant run at the crown at the hands of the vampire.

We started up another round using some house rules - first to crown wins, forced random characters, chose from three characters. That way the game could be over in about 40 minutes. But my Thief died early and when I came back as the Genie I could not catch up. Then I realized it was midnight and I called it early.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Haven't posted in this thread in a while. We did an Amazon registry for our wedding with board games. Our families and friends have thought it was a brilliant and fun idea.

Things we put on our registry:

King of Tokyo - Awesome fun.
Boss Monster - members of Racketboy loved it, and so did our friends we play games with.
Alhambra - Great classic fun.
Some expansions of Dominion.
Escape - Frantic and fun, short too!
Agricola
Settler of Catan

This past weekend we played the card game Legendary, and that was a blast. I'd definitely play that again.
marurun

by marurun Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Picked up the recent re-release/re-vamp of WizWar. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. A little more complex that the Chessex release, but not nearly as messy as the Chessex release combined with the Chessex expansions.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:31 am

marurun wrote:Picked up the recent re-release/re-vamp of WizWar. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. A little more complex that the Chessex release, but not nearly as messy as the Chessex release combined with the Chessex expansions.

I picked it up a year ago and it still hasnt hit the table. Right now Pocket Ogre is ruling our table.

For those that missed it, since I did, the original Legend of Zelda game finally got translated:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1178 ... le-fantasy
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c94rh1jqy6ai7ot/TuWWLAE_SI

I proxied it and it plays like a Zelda themed mix of Talisman meets Eldrich Horror. It has some infighting, but it is mostly a race to finish your quests and beat the bosses. Playable in an hour and a good bit of fun. I am going to tweak it alittle to see if I can make it stand on its own more if I sink the time into building a fancy copy.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:14 pm

thanks Fast! Can't wait to check that out!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Since we might be moving into a smaller house, I am downsizing some of my lesser played boardgames. Would anyone here be interested?

I have some rares that I am letting go, Doom and Runebound Midnight (missing player cards), aswell as just some oddball titles, like Noble Celts Chess, Munchkin Axe Cop, a sealed Aeroduel (Car Wars supplement), and a complete first edition run of Dog Fight (a game one of our members brother in laws developed).

My goal is to condense my most played games down to one 15 inch deep Billy bookshelf, with some stragglers (Crossbows and Catapults and Heroscape know no restrictions). I still play board games, and there are some games that will never be parted with - Dune, Mississippi Queen, Ogre DE, Panzer Leader, Pitch Car, Nexus Ops, Memoir 44, Awful Green Things from Outer Space, Defenders of the Realm, Ascending Empires, and the aMAZEing Labyrinth. But I went from 600ish games down to 300ish over the last three years, and have been rotating some titles in and out with local sales, and now its time to go down to one bookshelf instead of three.

At one point I wanted a giant collection, but having had a moderate sized one, I see more value in a small collection of heavily played games, with a couple wild card trade slots. I lost my two primary gaming groups, so most of my gaming is with my wife, or with one or two friends, and coop or dexterity games are our forte. I also have random RPG books - AD&D and D&D4e and source books.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:04 pm

I could give them a look, I'm looking for some titles. Do you have a link? :)
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:07 pm

I will try to compose a list tonight.
Return to Other Platforms