iOS Game Recommendations

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BitFaced
64-bit

iOS Game Recommendations

Post by BitFaced »

Since the iOS store is full of thousands of apps but it can be hard to filter through the bad ones, I thought I'd ask gamers on here what their personal recommendations are for games. Ports Here are some of mine:

The Act
This is basically what Dragon Lair and Space Ace were trying to be, as you actually control a 2D animated character by sliding the screen, and the gameplay is dependent on what you do at the right time based on what's going on with the characters. The gameplay is innovative, the story and characters are fun and the animation is smooth. It's length is kind of short but it's definitely work picking up and you can try out the first level for free.
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: iOS Game Recommendations

Post by casterofdreams »

The World Ends with You. If you never played the DS original buy it. If you have buy it anyway. I am sucker for that game. It's a long game with fantastic concepts and controls. Fits very well with the touch platform.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

casterofdreams wrote:The World Ends with You. If you never played the DS original buy it. If you have buy it anyway. I am sucker for that game. It's a long game with fantastic concepts and controls. Fits very well with the touch platform.

How does that play with one screen? I've never played it on the ds, just curious.
timewarpgamer
64-bit

Post by timewarpgamer »

I've been on an RPG kick lately, so here are some of my favorites. All of them are retro-themed and inexpensive, from $0.99 to $2.99:

Cthulhu Saves the World (port of the Xbox Indie RPG)
Dragon Fantasy (great homage to Dragon Warrior)
Knights of Pen and Paper (brilliant D&D style RPG)
Slayin' (simple action RPG, but quite addictive)
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Plays very well. Normally you had the touch screen with stylus on your right and while your left operated the D pad for your partners. The controls are the same for stylus but uses your fingers obviously. The partner controls are Pins instead so they are designed to control within all touch environment.

At the time of release way back in 2008 or so it couldn't really be explained. Same holds true today.
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

Thread Bump!

I stumbled up a nice shmup called SpaceX Fighter. It is very good, it auto fires so you only have to focus on maneuvering your ship through the barrage of enemy fire. I highly recommend it, when you search for it note that there is no space between Space and X, it is treated as 1 word. the game also supports game Center if that is your thing :mrgreen:
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I do like the match 3 games, and the latest Bejeweled title (just called Bejeweled) runs smoothly even on the iPod Touch 4 and has enough gameplay modes to pop your vessels.

I've also kinda been enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign, even though it's freemium.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

The two Edge games are great and can be challenging with timing of movements. Minecraft: Pocket Edition is pretty good too but you have to tone down the size of the buttons.

And <3 Terraria <3
BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

I've been away from mine for a while because the battery's dead but a port of Shantae 2 is on there is a decent one (especially if you use Blutrol on it) and is considerably cheaper than getting it on DSi/3DS (and I couldn't anyway because I couldn't connect to the internet). Giana Sisters DS is too, but that one has a couple problems.
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

One of my favorite iOS games, Zombie Roadtrip. It's an extremely addicting endless driving game where you can upgrade your car with different guns. The best part is you kill hoards of Zombies! There are only 3 different types of zombie and it uses cartoony style graphics but damn is it fun. It is completely free to download and play and supports the Game Center. I give it an A+
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)