Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

by Tanooki Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:37 pm

That's asinine and expensive, sheesh.

I got NTM weeks ago, Italy no less. Dealed down well on the price with the seller, got the full kit (US) for $86 shipped which was crazy. Currently my favorite golf game, previous years it was hot shots (more or less Mario Golf) but I like this one more these days. Quite the price difference isn't it?
kitkit.com
8-bit

by kitkit.com Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Price is subjective. It means someone is willing to spend $10,000 on the NTM US homecart. Just like some members at NG forum were willing to spend $30,000 on the unverified Aero Fighters 3 US homecart. Personally, I would not spend that much on a homecart- maybe for Metal Slug 1 and 2 US homecart I will spend big money because I love those games.

As I always says on NG forum: "AES for ballers, MVS for gamers"

$86 shipped for a full MVS kit is very reasonable. NTM is a great golf game. You got to complete with another person once you get a hang of the game. BTW, the Neo Geo CD version has an extra hidden Scotland course (homecart and MVS do not have that course).

Tanooki wrote:That's asinine and expensive, sheesh.

I got NTM weeks ago, Italy no less. Dealed down well on the price with the seller, got the full kit (US) for $86 shipped which was crazy. Currently my favorite golf game, previous years it was hot shots (more or less Mario Golf) but I like this one more these days. Quite the price difference isn't it?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Ahh bingo that explains it. I kept being led to believe it was hiding on the arcade one and also that mobile version that dropped on the 30th so that confirms what I figured.

I know price is subjective, and I objectively ditched 20th century Nintendo and much everything else from the amount of non-objective price foolish dinguses because of stupid stuff. This, Gameboy, GameGear/Gen, then 80s toys (Lego and Transformers) are my outlet now. :) I never got the MVS stuff obviously when it was supposedly cheaper, but when I know what these things retailed for, and I can peg them down for a fraction of the price I'm thrilled especially if I was a fan of it.
kitkit.com
8-bit

by kitkit.com Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Just watched a youtube video for the NTM Scotland course. This guy is amazing! I have not beaten this course yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZoLoC6fH1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVcbW3nHXM
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Crossed Swords 2 MVS conversion by Razoola, few months ago he ok'd a third party to make some stand alone MVS conversions on another run. I wasn't in the demographic for it being new to the site, but one of the owners had buyers remorse and I got it at their cost. VERY Happy to have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsArfUIZIk
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Better than the $2,500 the AES copies are doing on ebay (same ones bought direct from Raz for $300 just 4 months before :/ )
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Wow that's pretty sleazy and messed up. I just wish I could find the bloody rom set for this game. I keep backups of any game I have on a cartridge, and the neo-geo stuff I toss on my nvidia shield for on the go. It's like totally incognito unless I'm doing it wrong as just the CD pops up.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Price guides updated.

Future updates can be found here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... ost4116511
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:28 am

A few days ago I picked up a copy of King of the Fighters: Battle De Paradise for the NGPC.

I found out something rather extraordinary about it: It contains an entirely different game if you plug it into a monochrome NGP! This effectively means that there are 95, not 94, games to collect for NGP/C as one is hidden away unless you have the correct cart/console combo!

It set me off thinking about some of the other secret stuff I've seen by plugging color games into the NGP, so I spent saturday afternoon going through my whole collection and photographing the results for this compendium that I've recorded on my website along with screenshots as I couldn't find any of the game in question anywhere else on the internet:

http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/neo-geo-p ... reens.html

I didn't find any other hidden games, but I did find a bunch of hidden artwork and animations. This article might not be for everyone but I personally find stuff like this fascinating. If anyone has any of the games I didn't get to try then I'd love to find out what they do.

Anyway, I hope this article can be interesting to some. You might even own more games than you realised. :P
jdollatari
8-bit

by jdollatari Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:22 am

I miss my modded aes and neo geo pocket color. Looking to get back into neo geo someday roms and re releases on current gen consoles don't cut it.
Return to Other Platforms