I need help with my Wonderswan

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Toktogul
32-bit

I need help with my Wonderswan

Post by Toktogul »

I got a Wonderswan Black and White + Pocket fighter, but the game won't load at all when I turn on the console.

When I test it with another game, Final fantasy 1 for WSC, it loads up and shows the error screen properly. Pocket Fighter doesn't load at all. I see nothing on my screen other than the sound symbol.

I can't find any informations online on the console regarding batteries in the cart, so I would like to know if i have to open the game and change the battery to make it work, and if so, which battery?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: I need help with my Wonderswan

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I don't think changing the battery would help - the game should boot even with a dead battery. I can't think of doing much besides cleaning the contacts. As I recall, the contacts on WS games are exposed and pretty easy to get to.
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

thanks, i cleaned it up and it worked.

now I need help to understand the controls for a fighting games with only 2 buttons for attacks hahaha
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

It's funny, I owned a regular WonderSwan for about a year before I got the color version. Final Fantasy 2 was the only game I owned - I knew the game and console worked because I got that error message at boot up... But of course that was as far as I could go. :lol:
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

hahaha that's awesome! How was it? I've never tried the color /crystal one.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

It's decent. Looks and plays just like the original WonderSwan, but in color. The SwanCrystal is supposedly even better, but I've never seen one. Neither console is front/back lit unfortunately. The image display is a bit like that of the NGPC.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

The SwanCrystal's visuals are slightly crisper. It's deals a little better as well with fast moving images.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"