Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announc

Post by samsonlonghair »

noiseredux wrote:so I got a NGX stick cuz I thought it might make a nice USB stick for my PC...

I don't know if I'm gonna keep it. :?

I thought I wanted that USB joystick too until I read Jay Red's post earlier in this thread. In my head I imagined that this stick would be perfect for emulation on my PC. The build quality seems to indicate otherwise.

I'd still like to hear your thoughts on the subject, Noise.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

samsonlonghair wrote:I'd still like to hear your thoughts on the subject, Noise.

my thoughts are this: I've never held a legit AES stick, so I can't compare. But I opened the NGX stick box, took the minty stick out. Held it in my hand. Pushed the stick. Pushed a button. Put it back in the box.

My thoughts were the same - I figured I'd use it for a MAME stick. But this thing seems like cheap crap to me. Again, cant' compare to the original. But this isn't for me.
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

regarding the legit AES stick; as much as I pumped myself up over 20 years, I was expecting more of a tank. It doesn't scream "I've got the arcade in my hands!" :)

Pretty lightweight, arcade ball is small- but other than that it feels great.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

shallowgamer wrote:regarding the legit AES stick; as much as I pumped myself up over 20 years, I was expecting more of a tank. It doesn't scream "I've got the arcade in my hands!" :)

Pretty lightweight, arcade ball is small- but other than that it feels great.

While it is true that the legit AES sticks are nothing special these days, the difference in quality between the legit and the "X" stick is huge. All I can say about the X stick, is that it looks nice.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

89$ for a brand new one, is it worth it? i dont own any of the games built in, i dont plan on buying more games, and ive never played on a real non cd neo geo console.

if im not picky about the fidelity, is it as close as i can get to the real thing without spending hundred of dollars?
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

Toktogul wrote:89$ for a brand new one, is it worth it? i dont own any of the games built in, i dont plan on buying more games, and ive never played on a real non cd neo geo console.

if im not picky about the fidelity, is it as close as i can get to the real thing without spending hundred of dollars?

For 89 bucks, you've got a fun toy and handheld. Go for it.

As for getting close to the real thing, Mame and NeoRage X do quite well.

Sooooo... where can you get one for $89?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I picked mine up for $89 AUD (which is like $80 USD), you can mod a couple of SD cards (reverse the end two pins on both) and then just put your own roms on them and play them from that.

Could have the whole Neo Geo collection across a few usbs (max 50 roms will be read per SD).
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

shallowgamer wrote:
Toktogul wrote:89$ for a brand new one, is it worth it? i dont own any of the games built in, i dont plan on buying more games, and ive never played on a real non cd neo geo console.

Amazon Japan.
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

Toktogul wrote:
shallowgamer wrote:

Amazon Japan.

Do you still need a JPN address to order? I tried to grab my shmups (cheap!) from there, but I needed a mule service to get them to me.
Toktogul
32-bit

Post by Toktogul »

Do you still need a JPN address to order? I tried to grab my shmups (cheap!) from there, but I needed a mule service to get them to me.[/quote]

I live in Japan, i order from amazon Japan every single weeks ;) if you have a few special requests, I can mule for you the time you get the games you want. Just PM me