I just picked up a turbografx-16

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
mas
Next-Gen

I just picked up a turbografx-16

Post by mas »

I got my turbografx system maybe 2 month's ago but with no parts just system. Finally got the rf switch and ac adapter and my controllers came in. I landed this lot thru ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/270925920959?ss ... 1497.l2649 I got some great tg-16 titles amd i'm going to sell the rest except darksiders for the ps3. I landed ninja spirit, bonks adventure, r-type and I already have keith courage. Except for having the rf switch and not av's I love this system so far. Next month I'm going to buy bonk's revenge, side arms, and maybe splatterhouse if I have enough money.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Re: I just picked up a turbografx-16

Post by gtmtnbiker »

FYI - we have a thread where people can share what they picked up.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10186&start=9760
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I was just saying I have some games for the system and That I am loving the system. Besides the game I picked up I'm wondering if it is worth getting adventure island and splatterhouse since I own adventure island on nes and I will be getting splatterhouse on genesis
Turbogfx

Post by Turbogfx »

Welcome to TurboGrafx-16!

I have a PAL version of that console. Here's my recommendations:

- If you like SHMUPs, go get Blazing Lazers. You will not regret it, it's awesome.
- If you like platformers, Bonk's Revenge is pretty good. It's very similar to Bonk's Adventure, but plays just a little better and is prettier.
- Bomberman is also great for multiplayer gameplay
- Splatterhouse is cool, but in my opinion not THE greatest TGX game. Check out a few clips on Youtube to find out whether or not it's something for you
- Neutopia is a nice take on the Zelda franchise. However, if you're expecting ALTTP-quality, you'll be disappointed. Neutopia came out before ALTTP, and it's fairly limited in terms of gameplay mechanics, but a charming game nontheless.

Hope this gives you some good ideas.
But once again: get Blazing Lazers. It was the pack-in game for the PAL version of the TGX-16, and in my opinion, one of the best pack-in titles ever on any console.
Got You Humanoid.
MLew
8-bit

Post by MLew »

You made a wise choice my friend. My fav system by far
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Thank you I am hoping to buy some great gems from a friend. Bloody wolf, galaga, dungeon explorer and pac land
MLew
8-bit

Post by MLew »

Those are a good start. If you like shooters, def blazing lasers, super star soldier. Soldier blade too, but it's a bit pricey. I've always liked silent debuggers( scary as shit playing with headphones and in the dark) for a space dungeon crawler.

Eventually you'll want to get a cd attachment(tho I recommend a duo-r or turboduo) cuz your selection will increase massively! But warmup to hucards first, it's what I did.