Atari Lynx

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Atari Lynx

Post by Menegrothx »

I am thinking about buying myself a Lynx model II, and since it isnt region free (correct me if Im wrong), I would like to know which is more cheap, importing one from USA or buying an European console? If there are only few games worth owning, I wont bother with importing. But if there are some good US exclusives and there are a lot games that are worth owning which are much more cheap in USA, I will go for a US version.

Since my knowledge of the Lynx game library is pretty nonexistant, can you recommend me any good list of Lynx games ? I checked videogamecritic.net but he didnt have that many Lynx reviews. Im mostly intrested in side scrollers/platformers and games that show what the machine is capable of, but must own/hidden gem titles of any genre will do really. Sports and racing titles are the only ones that I have no intrest in, unless there is some cool gimmick involved.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit

Re: Atari Lynx

Post by ATARI800XLfan »

Menegrothx wrote:I am thinking about buying myself a Lynx model II, and since it isnt region free (correct me if Im wrong), I would like to know which is more cheap, importing one from USA or buying an European console? If there are only few games worth owning, I wont bother with importing. But if there are some good US exclusives and there are a lot games that are worth owning which are much more cheap in USA, I will go for a US version.

Since my knowledge of the Lynx game library is pretty nonexistant, can you recommend me any good list of Lynx games ? I checked videogamecritic.net but he didnt have that many Lynx reviews. Im mostly intrested in side scrollers/platformers and games that show what the machine is capable of, but must own/hidden gem titles of any genre will do really. Sports and racing titles are the only ones that I have no intrest in, unless there is some cool gimmick involved.

Ms Pac-man,toki,Scrapyard dog, dirty harry are some good ones.
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

Menegrothx wrote:... can you recommend me any good list of Lynx games ?

Cali Games, Ninja Gaiden and Rampage are on the top of my Lynx stack because I play them the most.

Other games that I have in my collection that would not sell: Blue Lightning, Chips Challenge, Joust, Rygar, S.T.U.N. Runner, Todd's Adv. in Slime World, Toki and Xybots. I'm not saying these are must haves, but I enjoyed over the years.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
sneth
32-bit

Post by sneth »

The best games are the arcade ports. They give a very similar feel and are relatively short.
"To preserve biological diversity, is an investment in immortality."