Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
sharkman009

Re: Atlantis II

by sharkman009 Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 am

CRTGAMER wrote:
sharkman009 wrote:Yes it was a big deal at the time. Who knew that they would be so rare. I really figured after they sent us Atlantis II they would change the retail game to be just as hard.

So how about that full story and pics?

I keep getting an error message when trying to download pics of the cartridge and I need to get a console set up to download some pics of the game screen.
So let me get this straight. Some of you think I sat down and made up a story about playing Atlantis and then having Atlantis II sent to me for a playoff? :roll: What is the gain? I didnt ask anyone to send me anything and I sure as hell wouldnt expect anyone to buy something without seeing it. So I have to ask again what would someone gain by lying about that? Your right I cant believe an Atari game I played 30 years ago is worth anything either, which is exactly why its been sitting in a box in my garage all of this time. When I saw the story of the Nintendo game selling for $13,000 I thought, I wonder if any of the games I had are worth anything. Thats when I posted the question on this and a Atari site. I did own the original and I dont even know the exact year that I sent in a picture of the game score that it took me two days to get. Unfortunately my family went on a hunting trip and wouldnt you know it, I get home and the playoff cartridge had come a day before I got home. I only had about 10 hours to play it and mail off another high score. In the package I recieved a letter explainig that there were more people than expected who got a high score so they came out with a harder version and we would have two days to try to get a high score. Along with the cartridge we recieved a t-shirt and a snorkel set. Of course I wore the shirt until it was a rag and I dont have the snorkel set either. I sent in my high score pretty much knowing that I wasnt going to make it to the finals in Bermuda. I never heard anything about the game after that and I focused an other games and life went on.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 am

sharkman009 wrote:I keep getting an error message when trying to download pics of the cartridge and I need to get a console set up to download some pics of the game screen.
So let me get this straight. Some of you think I sat down and made up a story about playing Atlantis and then having Atlantis II sent to me for a playoff? What is the gain? I didnt ask anyone to send me anything and I sure as hell wouldnt expect anyone to buy something without seeing it. So I have to ask again what would someone gain by lying about that? Your right I cant believe an Atari game I played 30 years ago is worth anything either, which is exactly why its been sitting in a box in my garage all of this time. When I saw the story of the Nintendo game selling for $13,000 I thought, I wonder if any of the games I had are worth anything. Thats when I posted the question on this and a Atari site. I did own the original and I dont even know the exact year that I sent in a picture of the game score that it took me two days to get. Unfortunately my family went on a hunting trip and wouldnt you know it, I get home and the playoff cartridge had come a day before I got home. I only had about 10 hours to play it and mail off another high score. In the package I recieved a letter explainig that there were more people than expected who got a high score so they came out with a harder version and we would have two days to try to get a high score. Along with the cartridge we recieved a t-shirt and a snorkel set. Of course I wore the shirt until it was a rag and I dont have the snorkel set either. I sent in my high score pretty much knowing that I wasnt going to make it to the finals in Bermuda. I never heard anything about the game after that and I focused an other games and life went on.

Great that you rediscovered that cart and some great memories of not only the game contest but other events from that time. Hang on to that cart I think it might be a keeper not for the money but of what it reminds you of the the past. How many can claim to still have that favorite toy from when they were a kid? I have my High School Car (Motor is my Avatar on the left pic) still in the driveway, real kick to drive around. I'll never sell it!

The pics you are trying to attach to your reply are probably too large a file size. I use a freeware program called INFRAVIEW. Great program converts all kinds of picture formats and more importantly reducing image/file size.
http://www.irfanview.com/
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sharkman009

by sharkman009 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:09 am

I'll try that and then download the pics of the screen of the game. What kind of car do you have?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:29 am

sharkman009 wrote:I'll try that and then download the pics of the screen of the game. What kind of car do you have?

Posted this earlier on Racketboy. Actually pretty good read, from members talking about various cars and how the hobby has changed.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19067&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My toy from High School, '62 Impala still with me.
Attachments
Car Show 15.jpg
My '62 Impala SS with 327 Nitrous Motor, Hedman Headers, 850 Spread Bore Holley with Primary Reo Pump, Edelbrock Torker Intake, Ported 1.94 Heads, 510 lift - 308 Duration Hydraulic Cam, 2800 Stall Speed Trans, 4.11 Gears, Dual CD, Rockford Fosgate, PS2, Dreamcast, LCD, Blaze Dual Player Arcade Stick. Have pulled motor, built and owned my car since High School, how many can claim that!
Car Show 15.jpg (66.19 KiB) Viewed 725 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:59 am

sharkman, ever since the Stadium Events auction people have been flooding forums with false finds of rare games. They were harsher than they needed to be, but this has really gotten out of hand recently. I mean we have only had a handful of the false topics here, but one of the other forums I go to had a dozen of them yesterday alone.
lost_within
Next-Gen

by lost_within Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm

This isnt the first thread....there is another floating around on here as well. Until I see pics I am still calling it bullshit, and the story just as bunk until then.
Yep, I know im the one ya love to hate.
sharkman009

by sharkman009 Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:sharkman, ever since the Stadium Events auction people have been flooding forums with false finds of rare games. They were harsher than they needed to be, but this has really gotten out of hand recently. I mean we have only had a handful of the false topics here, but one of the other forums I go to had a dozen of them yesterday alone.

What are the people that are starting false topics getting from doing that? Are they trying to sell these games to people? I have no problem with people wanting info on the game that I have but you have idiots like lost within that call me a liar. I dont give a rats ass if they believe the story or not. Those people need to get a life. As if I have nothing better to do than sit around and make up a story like that. Im not sixteen years old sitting around playing games anymore and the people that are still into gaming should welcome things like the Nintendo that sold for a ridiculous amount. That is the kinds of things that get people off their butts and out digging through their boxes of junk to see if what they have might be worth something. I do appreciate the people that have given me info on the game. I dont have an Atari game console anymore, (i just bought one over e bay) as soon as that gets here I'll get some pics loaded of the screen. I dont have any plan of selling the game, I have a twelve year old son that is into the playstation so it might be a neat collectors item for him to hold onto.
sharkman009

by sharkman009 Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
sharkman009 wrote:I'll try that and then download the pics of the screen of the game. What kind of car do you have?

Posted this earlier on Racketboy. Actually pretty good read, from members talking about various cars and how the hobby has changed.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19067&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My toy from High School, '62 Impala still with me.

Nice! That is something to be proud of. I had a 67 Plymouth GTX in high school that I wish I had never let go of. That would be a nice thing to be able to hand down to your kids.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 pm

sharkman009 wrote:I dont have an Atari game console anymore, (i just bought one over e bay) as soon as that gets here I'll get some pics loaded of the screen. I dont have any plan of selling the game, I have a twelve year old son that is into the playstation so it might be a neat collectors item for him to hold onto.

Also the history of it that his own dad was a part of!

Return to Other Platforms