Atlantis II

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
newt42
64-bit

Re: Atlantis II

Post by newt42 »

sharkman009 wrote:I have a Atlantis II game cartridge.

You spelled "I have over $1000" wrong.
Systems: SNES, PS1, GBA SP, Gamecube, DS Lite, Wii, PS3 (Fully Backwards Compatible), Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, a Sega CD, and a Sega Saturn.

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Wow, that's really cool that you have that and even cooler that you have it for being in the competition.

I wonder how many of the current owners of the Nintendo World Championship cartridges (the most valuable games out there) are the actual competition winners?
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
sharkman009

Post by sharkman009 »

J T wrote:Wow, that's really cool that you have that and even cooler that you have it for being in the competition.

I wonder how many of the current owners of the Nintendo World Championship cartridges (the most valuable games out there) are the actual competition winners?

Yes it was a big deal at the time. Who knew that they would be so rare. I really figured after they sent us Atlantis II they would change the retail game to be just as hard.
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

I still cant believe ANYTHING from the atari age is worth ANYTHING. Seriously...its awesome you have it congrats. But...unless the system has a special meaning to you like a loved one giving it to you and passing away and its all you have, or something to that nature...I just cant see paying over 50$ for an atari with 150 games.
Yep, I know im the one ya love to hate.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

lost_within wrote:I still cant believe ANYTHING from the atari age is worth ANYTHING. Seriously...its awesome you have it congrats. But...unless the system has a special meaning to you like a loved one giving it to you and passing away and its all you have, or something to that nature...I just cant see paying over 50$ for an atari with 150 games.

You are kidding right? Here is a guy who won a very rare cartridge as part of a mail in contest. So not only is the cartridge rare, but also the owner has a great story to tell and share. To downplay a system because it has older graphics shows that you have not really played the classics that much. In addition, this is a little bit of Video game history that any collector can appreciate.

Every System have truly unique great games that are not duplicated. From Yars Revenge to Mario Brothers to Panzer Dragoon to Conker Bad Fur Day to Shadow of the Colossus to Half Life to Rez to Halo to Loco Roco to World at War 2. That is why some games no matter how old or new the system, are considered valuable by Real Video Game Collectors. Of course everyone has their favorites.

J T sums it up well:
J T wrote:Wow, that's really cool that you have that and even cooler that you have it for being in the competition.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

Your kidding right your going to talk down to me?

I actually did play the POS when I was young. Doesnt mean I have to consider any of it rare...and I am not basing my opinion on grafics. I just think its a pos is all.

Great he has a rare game I am happy for him for that...its worth a chunk of cash.

I just cant believe anything for the atari is worth 5-10k.

To tell me what I have played...lmao please.

Edit: I love how you bring up the quality of the graphics but NO WHERE in my post does it say ANYTHING about them...
Bikeage
128-bit

Post by Bikeage »

I don't know jack about Atlantis II, but until the TC posts pics of something I call shenanigans!

And I don't think I'd pay more than $50 for a 2600 with a bunch of games either.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Topic moved to proper forum
lost_within
Next-Gen

Post by lost_within »

Bikeage wrote:I don't know jack about Atlantis II, but until the TC posts pics of something I call shenanigans!

And I don't think I'd pay more than $50 for a 2600 with a bunch of games either.

I wont say its crap but without pics its kinda hard to believe. Although we have had other members sell extremly rare items that went for 15,000$

Be careful though man...unless you spent 500$ for an atari that means your not into retro stuff, and have not played the oldies enough due to the graphics probly hurting your eyes. :roll:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

sharkman009 wrote:Yes it was a big deal at the time. Who knew that they would be so rare. I really figured after they sent us Atlantis II they would change the retail game to be just as hard.

So how about that full story and pics?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425