Atlantis II

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
sharkman009

Atlantis II

Post by sharkman009 »

I have a Atlantis II game cartridge that I got from the manufacturer after competing in the Escape from Atlantis competition. Can anyone tell me how rare it is and approximately what its worth. I cant remember the exact year that I got it. It was in the late 70s.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Atlantis II

Post by CRTGAMER »

Its not rare, really truuuust me. I'll give you 5 bucks for it.

After someone slaps you or maybe mugs you,

Maybe click this:
http://www.atariage.com/software_page.h ... areID=2456

And see what Racketboy says:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/10/ ... ing-2.html

Let me just say you have a good portion of your stock portfolio in that piece of plastic.
With the money from this game you can now fly your whole family to that missed Bermuda contest.

Okay yous ad better send a pic before you Fort Knox it ..............

Only problem is how do you prove it, I think cart looks same as Original Atlantis.
Anyways please send pics in to share for all us video game collectors to gawk at.
Perhaps a screenshot of Startup Screen may show difference?

HERE IS A PIC FROM ATARI AGE:
Attachments
This pic is from Atari Age
This pic is from Atari Age
Atlantis 2 Front.jpg (71.39 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sharkman009

Post by sharkman009 »

Ya, The cartridges are exactely the same. They stuck a computer label on the front of the box. When you play it though, you know its not the same game. The original I played for two days straight to get my score up into the millions. I thought for sure I was going to Bermuda. A while later I get the new cartridge in the mail.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

sharkman009 wrote:Ya, The cartridges are exactely the same. They stuck a computer label on the front of the box. When you play it though, you know its not the same game. The original I played for two days straight to get my score up into the millions. I thought for sure I was going to Bermuda. A while later I get the new cartridge in the mail.

So how do you prove its genuine? Hopefully you kept the mailer and any docs that it came with. Maybe screenshots of game startup? I would get another Atlantis cartridge so you can spot any visual difference somewhere. Game speed difference alone won't help without some other comparison. Once you do spot something you now have valuable bragging rights. Then Safety Deposit that game and boast what you find!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sharkman009

Post by sharkman009 »

There isnt a difference on the screen. You have to play the game. I dont think the letter that came with it will prove anything as anyone could duplicate the letter I got with it. I dont have the t shirt or the snorkel set that came with it. The game is a hell of a lot faster than the original. Thats what they did to make it tougher for us.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I know I have it, just how do I prove it?

William Holden - Stalag 17
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharkman009

Post by sharkman009 »

I guess I'd have to take it to one of the gaming shows. Its easy to tell the difference when you play it.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

You should give a full scale history (Keep your personal info out) of how the contest took place and whats this about a T-Shirt and Snorkel Set?

Maybe post a video of the game screen in action, and pics (especially any of those docs COVER YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS) for the rest of us to drool on ..........
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

CRTGAMER wrote:You should give a full scale history (Keep your personal info out) of how the contest took place and whats this about a T-Shirt and Snorkel Set?

Maybe post a video of the game screen in action, and pics (especially any of those docs COVER YOUR NAME ADDRESS) for the rest of us to drool on ..........

But I was going to go rob him after he posted his letter.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Talking about rare stuff,

I bet you all know about the $13,000 NES due to the stadium games box ,
How funny is it to post on ebay to sell an old NES with some games and one like stadium games(not mario) , and then see people bidding for like $10,000?

As far as I know the user who posted the auction had no idea it was that valuable