Input Needed: Rarest and Most Valuable 3DO Games

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
racketboy
Site Admin

Input Needed: Rarest and Most Valuable 3DO Games

Post by racketboy »

I'm hoping to round out our Rare & Valuable guides by diving into the more obscure systems.

I'd like to do the 3DO next, but I'm kinda running blind here on this one.

So if you know of games that are harder to find or valuable, please list them here.
If you know of past sales amounts, let me know the dollar amount and how far back you think it was.

Also, if you feel real ambitious and would like to help write this guide let me know :)

Thanks!
Retronick
8-bit

Re: Input Needed: Rarest and Most Valuable 3DO Games

Post by Retronick »

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is a fairly rare entry.
MasonB15
24-bit

Post by MasonB15 »

Lucienne's Quest. It's a JRPG that's one of most expensive games for the system.
Last edited by MasonB15 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Star Control II

Best game on the 3DO also happens to be the one that's impossible to find. There's only one copy on eBay ATM for example.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
G-Darius
32-bit

Post by G-Darius »

Not sure about rarity but Cyberdillo is worth a look and Quarantine,i do not see ant 3DO games anywhere now so they are all pretty rare to me. :roll:
Return Fire seems to have a following amongst 3DO owners i have spoken too which means they will not sell their copy,so that game will be hard to find for sale too (in theory).
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Star Control II

Best game on the 3DO also happens to be the one that's impossible to find. There's only one copy on eBay ATM for example.

I don't think it's that hard to find. There's a disc only copy on Amazon for 15. I traded mine, but I got it maybe 1.5 years ago for 2.25 and a few bucks shipping. Disc only, but still.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

equalsign wrote:

I don't think it's that hard to find. There's a disc only copy on Amazon for 15. I traded mine, but I got it maybe 1.5 years ago for 2.25 and a few bucks shipping. Disc only, but still.

Yeah... A copy. It may not go for extremely high prices because demand is low, but when there are only 2 copies through the major internet channels that screams rare to me. The game didn't sell well on both the PC or 3DO so it's really not surprising.

It's a shame really because SCII is on my top 5 games of all time. It's that good.
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
equalsign wrote:

Yeah... A copy. It may not go for extremely high prices because demand is low, but when there are only 2 copies through the major internet channels that screams rare to me. The game didn't sell well on both the PC or 3DO so it's really not surprising.

It's a shame really because SCII is on my top 5 games of all time. It's that good.

You're right. I guess you could say it's rare, but not that valuable. If you look at the eBay completed listings you'll find that a CIB copy went for less than 20.

If you think it's that good I may have to give it another chance. The times I tried it I just couldn't get into it. That might have been partially because I was playing it on a 10 inch screen and couldn't see ANYTHING though :lol: .
Last edited by equalsign on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Star Control II is freely available - albeit not for the 3DO (though based on the source code for it).
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

isiolia wrote:Star Control II is freely available - albeit not for the 3DO (though based on the source code for it).

Oh I'm aware of this. But it doesn't have the 3DO voice overs. :(