[GUIDE/INFO] Flash Carts, ODE, and more!

Discussion of game backup, reproduction, burning, and ripping. Covers ROM backup, cartridge reproduction, optical disc ripping, burning, and storage. Focus on archival purposes and not deceptive selling.
Ziggy

Re: [GUIDE/INFO] for Flash Carts, Retrode, repros, and more!

Post by Ziggy »

Ah, that's a shame. I (currently) only own one Everdrive flash cart and it's the N64 with a regular size SD card. I've always read praise for Krikkz's build quality. Is it that it's a really cheap socket? Or are all spring microSD sockets prone to breaking eventually? I don't have many devices with the push/click sockets. Actually, I think I only have one, and I don't even use it.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Ziggy587 wrote:Ah, that's a shame. I (currently) only own one Everdrive flash cart and it's the N64 with a regular size SD card. I've always read praise for Krikkz's build quality. Is it that it's a really cheap socket? Or are all spring microSD sockets prone to breaking eventually? I don't have many devices with the push/click sockets. Actually, I think I only have one, and I don't even use it.

I think it is more of the nature of Micro SD slots than Krikkzz build quality, they are so tiny and delicate. But I suppose with the limited space on gameboy TG16 and game gear carts what choice did he have but to use micro SD slots.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yes, a full size SD card slot would take up WAY too much room on those carts. Looking at the pictures of the PCBs for those carts, it's just obvious that it would be impossible.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

So my advice is for the micro sd flash carts, just load it up with the entire romset and just never touch it again.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

re: Retrogate - outside of their bulk discounts for the same item, has anyone ever gotten an order discount based on buying multiple carts at one time?

I'm eyeing up an order for the Megadrive,SD2SNES, Turbo and NES everdrives.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

You could always contact Krikzz and see, but I would assume no. Also, the discount only applies when buying 10 or more. You're only looking to buy 4 carts.

If you want to get the quantity discount then you can try and organize a group buy. It was done once or twice on RB before.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I'd be up for an NES purchase, possibly the newer Genesis one as well. I'd prefer the ones from Stone Age but they're so much more expensive.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

jmbarnes101 wrote:I'd be up for an NES purchase, possibly the newer Genesis one as well. I'd prefer the ones from Stone Age but they're so much more expensive.
About to start a thread soon for genesis cart group buys.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Just got a Mega Everdrive. For anyone who has one, does it play roms the same as original carts?

I own a GBA and DS Flash cart that play roms the exact same as the original carts. There was one game on GBA that stuttered, but that was about it. I was wondering if this Mega Everdrive is the same?
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

The most informative post about the Kirkzz ones I ever read is here - it explains the hardware capabilities perfectly:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1875.0

I've never had a problem on any of my Genesis flash carts (had 3 so-far). All the retail games I ever tried played perfectly.
The Neo Myth 3-in-1 supports everything, but it's SD doesn't support FM on SMS while SD loading - the ROM needs to be running in internal ram. It has other quirks that none of the others do.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage