Discussion of game backup, reproduction, burning, and ripping. Covers ROM backup, cartridge reproduction, optical disc ripping, burning, and storage. Focus on archival purposes and not deceptive selling.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: [GUIDE/INFO] for Flash Carts, Retrode, repros, and more!

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks for the help guys. I have a few GBA games that just aren’t playing nice for some reason, and I’m going to hold those out while I copy the rest of my collection. (They are Banjo Pilot, Boktai 1-2, DKC3, Doom II, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I may find some more as I back up more games.) I’ve cleaned all the pins, and they all play just fine in my DS and GBA. Accordingly, I think there may be a firmware issue I need to work through. I’ll tinker with it a bit once I’ve copied over the rest of my games. (I tried registering for the Retrode forums, but I never heard back. I think they are now 100% dead...)

The only game that really didn’t work was my copy of James Pond: Codename Robocod. I discovered that it’s just straight up broken and won’t play on anything. Not sure if that’s a bad thing... :lol:
Return to Archiving & Repro - Game Media