Post Pictures of Your Favorite Arcade Cabinets

Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: What's Your Favorite Arcade Cabinet?

Post by CRTGAMER »

Some great Trakball games:

Centipede

Missile Command

Tac Scan
Well it used a dial but a great Vector game

Gottlieb's Reactor
This Cabinet has great speakers, insert coins for killer Rock Beat.
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9274

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

itsmattxp
128-bit

Post by itsmattxp »

Sega Blast City.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Anybody ever get to play the giant Battletech setup? Nothing short of awesome right there.

As for personal favorite, it will always be the three-player AVP cab that Capcom released. Three players, slaughtering hordes of aliens, all at the same time. Awesome. I love multiple-man beat em up cabs, like six-player X-men, four-player Simpsons, four-player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, four-player Captain America and the Avengers...some of the most fun I've ever had in the arcade were on these kinds of machines.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Virtual On, next question.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:Anybody ever get to play the giant Battletech setup? Nothing short of awesome right there.

I got to play it once at a Dave & Buster's in Chicago. The software at the time was essentially a modified Mechwarrior 4. I was the only one in our group who'd even heard of Battletech before (it was a prom after-party) so even with the guy running it playing, I completely dominated everyone. It didn't help that I was running an Atlas while everyone else was running medium mechs (the employee was running a Chimera).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Bah, you should have grabbed a Novacat. Real men only kill with short range Long Tom artillery and Death From Above...
Ack

Post by Ack »

fastbilly1 wrote:Bah, you should have grabbed a Novacat. Real men only kill with short range Long Tom artillery and Death From Above...

Real men play infantry in MechWarrior mods. Nothing quite like dropping a mech while on foot.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Tell me the name of this mythical mod.
Ack

Post by Ack »

fastbilly1 wrote:Tell me the name of this mythical mod.

Get in touch with UG, he got it for us in Gamers after you left.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Bah, you should have grabbed a Novacat. Real men only kill with short range Long Tom artillery and Death From Above...

Real men play infantry in MechWarrior mods. Nothing quite like dropping a mech while on foot.

How about an Elemental, like in Mechwarrior Living Legends? Those buggers are annoying as hell, especially if you don't have weaponry suited for taking them down.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.