If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
udkultimate
8-bit

Re: New Game - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

by udkultimate Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Hello guys.

I know there are almost two weeks without any updates, but be sure I am working, and VERY HARD to finish and release the first episode untill the end of this month.

However, because I have published about my game on almost 100 sites, which I need to keep updated, I only publish whenever I have some significant updates.

But here on twitter (https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate) and also on IndieDB (https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... qsa-mosque) I always post at least a new screenshot of some feature I am developing/improving.

From since my last update about the Weapons, I have done basically two things.

I created a new custom AI Class especially for knife kills game mode. Now you can approach the enemy from behind without being spotted, however, if you touch the enemy, or stay a long time behind him, he will realize it and shoot at you. This was done mixing Kismet (the Blueprints of UE3) with UnrealScript. I even created a custom field of view to the enemy using a trigger volume.

Also, I am remaking the Knife Kills System, with updated character animations and a brand new camera animation, on the best Mortal Kombat X style. It even has the X-Ray effect!

I was thinking on releasing those test maps (with blue/white checkboard) from since last week, for people test the game, however, I think that these don't reflect the final game quality and may even harm this project.

As I said before, I will ask a very small value (something like U$ 2.00) for each episode, because I am in strong need to earn some profit (my financial conditions are very bad at the moment). So it's for that reason that I prefeer release each episode on it's complete state, with fully textured maps, animations, mission objectives, and so on, for making this game worth the price. I know that even for a small price like this, people want a complete product, a fully working game, not just a "developer" bugged version of the game.

I hope you all understand the reason why I delayed a while the release of this game.

Thanks guys for all this support and interest on my game.

Cheers and until next update!
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 pm

#FursanAlaqsaGame - Updated Knife Kills System - WIP (Work in Progress)

Now it's more Bloody, Gory, Cruel.

It's more @MortalKombat #Fatality #NoMercy #FinishHim

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... n-progress
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 am

Hello guys,

Some new updates here, I hope you all enjoy.

Fursan al-Aqsa Episode 1 Coming in May 10th 2020!

Fursan al-Aqsa - Blades of Revenge Trailer

You, Brave Hero!

Get your knife and seek your revenge... The blood of the oppressed is calling you...

Join the Resistance!

Watch the trailer:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... ge-trailer

Last edited by udkultimate on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:35 am

Finaly accomplished another task of the roadmap towards the release of #FursanAlaqsaGame. I did remake the game's menu, and I am very proud of the results. This was done in Scaleform (Adobe Flash CS4) and 3dsmax, the code behind it is ActionScript (Flash) and Unreal Script (UE3). I hope you like it.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... dated-menu
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Just FYI, using them in the advertising of your game is 100% copyright infringement.

You are using work in which you don't have a right to, to advertise your game. Just because a third party made the models, it does not give you the right to use another companies intellectual property to advertise your game.
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:59 pm

emwearz wrote:Just FYI, using them in the advertising of your game is 100% copyright infringement.

You are using work in which you don't have a right to, to advertise your game. Just because a third party made the models, it does not give you the right to use another companies intellectual property to advertise your game.

Ok, thanks for the info, so if instead of using these characters on the promotional materials of my game, what about having these characters as mods in my game, just like many other games. Just take a look at GTAV, there are plenty of other game's characters as MODs on GTAV, even the latest Kratos from GOD of War PS4?

And if some user does it by himself, instead of me, get another game's character and create a mod for my game, because I will provide modding tools. I won't be responsible for it, right?

If this is the case, I have no problem on deleting this banner with DOOM Slayer and Solid Snake. What matters for me is the ability to the players create custom skins for my game.

Thanks!
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm

udkultimate wrote:
emwearz wrote:Just FYI, using them in the advertising of your game is 100% copyright infringement.

Ok, thanks for the info, so if instead of using these characters on the promotional materials of my game, what about having these characters as mods in my game, just like many other games. Just take a look at GTAV, there are plenty of other game's characters as MODs on GTAV, even the latest Kratos from GOD of War PS4?

And if some user does it by himself, instead of me, get another game's character and create a mod for my game, because I will provide modding tools. I won't be responsible for it, right?

If this is the case, I have no problem on deleting this banner with DOOM Slayer and Solid Snake. What matters for me is the ability to the players create custom skins for my game.

Thanks!

If you look at GTAV for example. At no point does Rockstar use any of those characters in their advertising. They allow their games to be modded and the community do what they want with it, thus Rockstar are not breaching copyright and are not liable for issues. I am sure if you go through their Terms of Service they most likely mention they are not responsible for what you create, etc and to not breach copyright. But it is still a grey area, if you look at something like Dreams on Playstation, Nintendo have requested thing with their copyrighted characters be taken down, and they have been.

Do you plan to sell this game? If so I would check the license agreement on all the assets (textures, models, etc) that you are "borrowing". Though they may be 'free,' you may not be able to sell anything that contains that asset under the license they are distributed under. Most people don't like people making money off their work.
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Thanks my friend for this very clarifying information! I will now remove these characters from the advertising material (just one banner and the last video) to avoid copyrights infringement. I will just give the community the tools and they do what they want :)

About the assets I am using on my game, now all of them are model packs purchased from Assets Stores, like Unreal Marketplace, Unity Assets Store, Turboquid, CGTrader, and the like.

I purchased them, and they come with license to use on commercial games (my game will be commercial).

I just imagined that using a free character mod, which is already available for free wouldn't be a problem, as these custom Unreal Tournament 3 Characters are widespread arround the web.

But you are right, even EPIC Games, the creators of Unreal Tournament 3, they don't endorse the use of other game's characters on UT3, even though they gave the community tools to do whatever they want.

Thanks mate!
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Hello mate,

I already removed Solid Snake and DOOM Slayer from all the advertising materials I created for my game, and replaced by this:

This character model, Islamic Soldier, I only used it for one of the game's trailer:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... al-trailer

So I will find a good use for him, I will ad him as a custom skin for my game.

Thanks for the advice.
udkultimate
8-bit

by udkultimate Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Before going to the last step of my dev workflow (finishing the campaign maps), I just wanted to assure that everything which I have done until now, especially the latest game updates, work flawlessly on consoles (Xbox360 and PS3). Here you can see the Weapons Showcase Testmap running flawlessly and smoothly on my RGH Xbox360.

* Sorry for the video quality, as I am using an Easy Crap lol!

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al ... e-xbox3601
Return to Creator's Corner