Legend of Xanadu I & II translation and dub - voices wanted

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
marurun

Legend of Xanadu I & II translation and dub - voices wanted

Post by marurun »

Over on PCEFX, SamIAm and Elmer have done a fantastic job translating Xanadu I & II for PC Engine Super CD to English, including logos and graphics. The only thing missing? Voices. There just aren't enough resources left for subtitles, so that means a complete translation needs English voices, so they are taking auditions for the dub. They have a site up that I've linked below. They especially need women to provide voices, since the gender skew in classic gaming communities is rather dramatic. That said, if you're a guy, please audition! The more submissions they get, the more choices they have to select the best voice for a part. And while better microphones and recording environments will always yield better results, don't let lack of great equipment stop you. If they really want your voice, I'm sure they'll come up with a way to include you.

Here's the site with more information on the dub auditions and the project as a whole, including information about the characters and the game. Warning: the character info may include spoilers (necessary evil for voice auditions).

http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Re: Legend of Xanadu I & II translation and dub - voices wan

Post by Key-Glyph »

Woah, this is really exciting! Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna give it a shot.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Saw this on Kotaku yesterday, it's a cool opportunity.

I've been thinking of auditioning.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

This looks so great to be part of. I would totally want to do a voice-over, even if it was only one line.
I feel like I would be terrible though, I haven't really attempted to act since grade-school.
plus, I'll bet there will be no shortage of participants; I would likely get lost in the shuffle (practically the story of my life).

...Still, may throw my hat in the ring just for kicks.

....also (and only semi-related), I'm really anticipating Deunan to finish that PCE Super CD drive emulator of his. I have a component ready setup just waiting for it and the release of this translation.
...just another lost soul...
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Hey guys! I am officially at liberty to announce that I landed a small part in the Xanadu Dub Project!

I'm totally psyched. I've wanted to be a voice in a video game or cartoon since I was a kid, so I couldn't be happier.

They're going to release a cast listing soon. When that happens I'll feel more free to let you know where you'll hear me in the game.

Did anybody else from Racketboy get their foot in the door?

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

That's awesome, Key! Congrats!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I look forward to you transitioning from library work to full time VA.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Key-Glyph wrote:Hey guys! I am officially at liberty to announce that I landed a small part in the Xanadu Dub Project!

As someone who is very fond of both of these games (and of you) this makes me super stoked.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

We all should have made our own guild of Xanadu voiceover hopefulls. It would have been neat if a bunch of us (or even a handful) all landed parts.

All well, I got too dang busy and forgot about it.
Congrats Key-Glyph!
...just another lost soul...