Tcheco - My first video game! =D

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
elmacbee

Tcheco - My first video game! =D

Post by elmacbee »

I'm very happy to announce that my first game is finally available on Steam.
It's an faux-NES-retro title about finding keys and avoiding enemies. Game is very simple but I did my best to make it fun.

At least in Brazil it's one of the cheapest games available on Steam.
The game even had a review on IGN Brazil (and it got an "8"!!) =)
Hope you like it! =D

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377600/
terrin707
16-bit

Re: Tcheco - My first video game! =D

Post by terrin707 »

Hey, elmacbee, your game looks great! I will likely buy it in the next few days. Thank you for letting us on Racketboy know about it!
elmacbee

Post by elmacbee »

terrin707 wrote:Hey, elmacbee, your game looks great! I will likely buy it in the next few days. Thank you for letting us on Racketboy know about it!

Thank you very much terrin! =D
Hope you like the game :)
terrin707
16-bit

Post by terrin707 »

What programming language did you use for the game?
elmacbee

Post by elmacbee »

terrin707 wrote:What programming language did you use for the game?

I can't program - so I've used Scirra Construct Classic (wonderful, freeware softare). :)
terrin707
16-bit

Post by terrin707 »

That is really cool--I knew there were programs that made game-making easier, but I assumed you still needed to program logic behind the scenes in some language. Nice!
elmacbee

Post by elmacbee »

terrin707 wrote:That is really cool--I knew there were programs that made game-making easier, but I assumed you still needed to program logic behind the scenes in some language. Nice!

You have to create events in Scirra Construct but it's really easy.
It's something like "When character jumps -> play jump_sound.wav"
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow cool, no coding. I wish I had that like over 10 years ago. I used to like to draw up sprites and small animations, backgrounds too. I wanted to see a real sequel to Act Raiser so I worked up one on paper a good distance (never finished) because the legit 2nd is awful and lacks the cool SIM elements. I had also whipped up a couple stages of a mech based space shooter and some random castlevania like background/stage art too. If I had this tool back then I have a strong feeling something would have come of it.

If you can do that much with an open source game maker tool with no coding knowledge needed I'm sure you'll go far on the steam front. You should consider a GoG.com release too.
elmacbee

Post by elmacbee »

Tanooki wrote:Wow cool, no coding. I wish I had that like over 10 years ago. I used to like to draw up sprites and small animations, backgrounds too. I wanted to see a real sequel to Act Raiser so I worked up one on paper a good distance (never finished) because the legit 2nd is awful and lacks the cool SIM elements. I had also whipped up a couple stages of a mech based space shooter and some random castlevania like background/stage art too. If I had this tool back then I have a strong feeling something would have come of it.

If you can do that much with an open source game maker tool with no coding knowledge needed I'm sure you'll go far on the steam front. You should consider a GoG.com release too.

Thanks! Yes, I'll contact GoG about my game. :)

Well, it's never too late to start a project. You should try to make your version of Act Raiser (and the other games you've mentioned) someday.