android - horror game

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
Shagohod

android - horror game

Post by Shagohod »

hello, I would like to introduce a horror game.

It’s called Merendam, a mobile game for Android phones.

Most mobile horror games are first person veiw with very inconvenient controls and short play time, which I felt were very disappointing at times.

This particular one is a side-scrolling game with simple playing mechanics and great frame rate performances.

The overall story involves a fragile girl who has survived a car crash trying to escape from a village by running away from ghosts and collecting items.

I guess that it all comes down to the element of horror in the horror game genre.

It has a very gloomy atmosphere and constantly pressures you psychologically by having ghosts attack you whether you are interacting or just staying still, which was quite satisfying for me as a horror game enthusiast.

There are other fresh elements in the game like when you are caught by a ghost, you can hit the screen repeatedly or slide it just like you would in a rhythm game.

Generally, it feels like the popular Fatal Frame series ported to the mobile from Playstation, XBOX and Wii.

I recommend it for those who are into horror games. And It supports 9 languages.

01.jpg
01.jpg (96.25 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

01.jpg

01.jpg

01.jpg
Attachments
04.jpg
04.jpg (98.59 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
03.jpg