Super Pretentious Underground Dungeon

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
Stevesesy

Super Pretentious Underground Dungeon

Post by Stevesesy »

{shamelessplug}

Long time lurker here.

I've been playing indie games for quite a while, and honestly I can say that a lot of the ones that have come out recently are all pretty... similar. You know what I mean. They all kind of have similar themes, design choices, and try to capitalize off outdated presentation techniques. I wanted to try and take matters into my own hands to fix that.

I wanted to create the most unique indie game ever made. Featuring nostalgic pixel graphics, 8-bit music, and rogue-like platforming, Super Pretentious Underground Dungeon is completely unique and its concepts have never been done once, let alone a million times in the indie game scene. I am an experienced game designer, I come up with ideas for games all the time and I'm sure this one is going to be the first to succeed. I decided to break away from the typically indie games you usually see, and create something truly unique and refreshing.

All I have to do is learn how to program, sprite, design, and compose music, and I'll be set to go! I have to say, I am REALLY good at coming up with ideas.

Isn't this completely serious project enchanting? Here is an interview about the project, with a link to our Kickstarter page and gameplay.

Interview (read this first)

KS Page + Gameplay/Trailers

The project page has a bunch of information about this... project, so please check that out if for some ungodly reason you are interested. Hopefully for all of the wrong (right) reasons.

{/shamelessplug}
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Super Pretentious Underground Dungeon

Post by KalessinDB »

:lol: I don't know how I missed this. I'm so sad I didn't get a chance to back this amazing project.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread