Japanese consoles - TV and Power supplies

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Andavive
8-bit

Japanese consoles - TV and Power supplies

Post by Andavive »

Hi

Im starting my japanese hardware setup for videogames and i got two japanese consoles. The problem is they didnt come with a powersupply or TV cable.

I assume they work with the PAL AV cables for the Super Famicom and N64, but what about the power suply?

What type of Power Supply Unit / AC Adapter should i use? Can i use the PAL power suplys one the JAP consoles?

If you can post a guide about this, please do.

Thanks
Duke.Togo
128-bit

Re: Japanese consoles - TV and Power supplies

Post by Duke.Togo »

The important part is just making sure you have power supplies that output the proper voltage with the proper polarity. I believe SFC is 9V DC 1A, center negative, but double check to be sure.

To my knowledge all N64 power supplies output the same power so it shouldn't matter.
sonic2041
24-bit

Post by sonic2041 »

What region are you in?

If I'm not mistaken, Japanese systems are NTSC which I don't think works on PAL unless you have some sort of signal converter.
Andavive
8-bit

Post by Andavive »

The important part is just making sure you have power supplies that output the proper voltage with the proper polarity. I believe SFC is 9V DC 1A, center negative, but double check to be sure.

To my knowledge all N64 power supplies output the same power so it shouldn't matter.

I read that the Megadrive 1 power supply works with the Super Famicom. But the more i read the more confuses i get.
Isnt there a guide, with images of the correct ac adapter, because all this talk of AC and DC it really confusing...

So can i us an N64 european ac adapter in a japanese N64?

If I'm not mistaken, Japanese systems are NTSC which I don't think works on PAL unless you have some sort of signal converter.

Im from Europe, but with recent TV`s i dont thing that is a problem anymore, as long as i use an AV cable.