NEC Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo/PC Engine Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: NEC Turbografx-16/Turbo Duo/PC Engine Guide

Post by Thierry Henry »

@ Breetai,

Thought maybe you can use this pic in the thread as a type of reference to the various controllers. :)

A couple of third party pads in there as well. And also an official wireless controller.

I still need to find me that Vistar branded pad. But methinks that would be next to impossible.

"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
greg
64-bit

Post by greg »

ApolloBoy wrote:Energy is a pretty terrible game, and so is Wonder Momo which has a reputation for being one of the worst games on the system. The others are fairly solid choices though.

I bought Energy a couple of nights ago, just for the heck of it, and also because I'm a Masaya fanboy. It was only 300 yen, and it turned out to be brand new, unsealed. I was happy.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

greg wrote:
ApolloBoy wrote:Energy is a pretty terrible game, and so is Wonder Momo which has a reputation for being one of the worst games on the system. The others are fairly solid choices though.

I bought Energy a couple of nights ago, just for the heck of it, and also because I'm a Masaya fanboy. It was only 300 yen, and it turned out to be brand new, unsealed. I was happy.

Did you find it locally, or online?
greg
64-bit

Post by greg »

Breetai wrote:Did you find it locally, or online?

Sorry for the late reply. I've lost track of this forum for a while. I found Energy at a place called Kanteidan in Shimizu. It's a used items superstore, specializing in DVDs, CDs, games, toys, plastic models, figures, clothing, accessories, etc. There's also a Kanteidan in Shizuoka and Fuji where I live.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

greg wrote:
Breetai wrote:Did you find it locally, or online?

Sorry for the late reply. I've lost track of this forum for a while. I found Energy at a place called Kanteidan in Shimizu. It's a used items superstore, specializing in DVDs, CDs, games, toys, plastic models, figures, clothing, accessories, etc. There's also a Kanteidan in Shizuoka and Fuji where I live.

Ah, ok! No worries on losing track of here. I imagine you have a lot on your plate.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Look what I did today...

To even further complicate things, the Super System card in the PCE has a region adapter on it. So... it functions as a US Super System card. The PCE is region modded and has the switch on the US setting. It's probably the most complicated Turbografx/PC Engine set-up that can be done. Unless, of course, you add in a Super Grafx and an RAU-30. :D
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Can never have too much PC Engine/TG16 goodness! Me likes. :D

BTW, is that the "Divingboard" converter with the green PCB?
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Thierry Henry wrote:BTW, is that the "Divingboard" converter with the green PCB?

Sure is. I got it from another member here not too long ago. :)