Make a DIY base for your PS2 Slim

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Make a DIY base for your PS2 Slim

Post by CD AGES »

No worries about the other suggestions, they are welcome. I certainly didn't make this as a be all end all tutorial; it didn't take enough time at either end to be that anyway.

I think that base on eBay has the ability to be a good choice. It is just the matter if you want to wait for the shipping from China and if you want to risk it being well made. While I have no doubts a lot of them are perfectly fine (having bought many knock off stuff for my cell phones and systems before) there is always that chance that the one you get is a dud. They are knock offs after all! But I would rather spend $5 on that and risk it then $12 for the garbage one on Amazon.

Thank you kDub! Yes I understand, and because your custom made stand is based on the 7000x model stand, it cannot be recomended to those that have the newer more recent PS2 slim model as its not compatible with it at all!

When I got mine, it took roughly about 3 weeks from China to So Cal (which isn't too bad considering free ship). Considering the mere simplicity of the official stand, its hard to see how even a knock off of the original product can be fuck up lol! Because I only own 9000x slim models, my options for a stand were incredibly slim! It was either the official stand for about $60, or a knock off for less than a fraction of the price. I simply love it. It does what it does and it does it well :D
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Hmm I didn't know they removed that screw in base option. Might see what I can do with more household items for 9000x 8)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Hmm I didn't know they removed that screw in base option

Yup! Which is why your custom made stand or even the official and 3rd party PS2 slim 7000x stands are not a option for those that own the newer model. Like I said, Sony made an official 9000x stand but they never released it outside of japan. By then Sony was just about done with the PS2 platform.

This is why I made my suggestion.