Wii and WiiU Sideways NES Control Games List

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Which Wii games offer a Sideways NES control?

Post by D.D.D. »

Klonoa! Fun PS1 game upped to Wii. Lotsa control options but the NES style is what I liked best for it. No motion but NES, nunchuk, classic, and GCN.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

flojocabron wrote:I have the game put away right now.

but I do believe the Marble Saga Kororinpa Game for wii uses sideways control.

But you do have to tilt the wiimote in its controls.

This is the sequel so maybe part one is the same too?
harper wrote:The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

I haven't played enough of it to be able to really give any info on it. Don't remember motion controls being required but I could be wrong.
D.D.D. wrote:Klonoa! Fun PS1 game upped to Wii. Lotsa control options but the NES style is what I liked best for it. No motion but NES, nunchuk, classic, and GCN.

Thanks for the inputs! :D Need some clarity on a couple of games.

@ flojocabron- I looked into Marble Saga Kororinpa as well as Kororinpa: Marble Mania, both require the Remote to be tilted to move the ball. Even though a sideways remote aspect, not really NES style of control with the DPad and buttons. But thanks anyways, both look like pretty good games! Please let me know if there is a DPad movement control option.

@ harper - Does Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night have alternate sideways controls with the Dpad to move? If so, how does Spyro utilize all the features such as camera, is motion control involved? I'll add Spyro if it has the NES control style of gameplay.

@ D.D.D. - I added Klonoa, Thankyou! A game I need to hunt down. :mrgreen:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Duane Dibbley
128-bit

Post by Duane Dibbley »

Wario Land: Shake It! (NES-style control + shaking)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (Virus Buster mode is motion control only)
Tetris Party
Star Soldier R
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Duane Dibbley wrote:Wario Land: Shake It! (NES-style control + shaking)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (Virus Buster mode is motion control only)
Tetris Party
Star Soldier R

THANKS! Added to the OP:

Dr. Mario Online Rx (Motion Only in Virus Buster)
Star Soldier R
Tetris Party
Wario Land: Shake It! (Motion)

Still unsure of Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. Anyone who has this game; can the Remote be held sideways with the DPad controlling Spyro?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

CRTGAMER wrote:Still unsure of Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. Anyone who has this game; can the Remote be held sideways with the DPad controlling Spyro?

My bad, I totally remembered wrong, it uses either the wii remote + nunchuk or the classic controller, not the wii remote held sideways. :oops:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Wii Sideways NES Control Games List

Post by CRTGAMER »

Added a couple of more games to the OP.

Dream Pinball 3D
The Left DPad controls the Left Flipper, the 2 Button is for the Right Flipper and the A Button launches the ball. This easily works with the NES Controller mod pictured in the OP since the Start Button ties in with the A Button of the Wiimote.

Fortune Street (Motion)
Sideways NES style control, but it does need Motion shake to roll the dice. Anyone notice how the price on this Monopoly enhanced game has been dropping?

BitFaced
64-bit

Post by BitFaced »

Bomberman Blast?
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

The Kirby collection has two games that are NES like. The original and one other, can't think f it.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Flake

Post by Flake »

I think Muramasa can be played this way, too. Not 100% sure. Also, Ultimate Shooting Collection.

@Sevin: is Cruisin any good?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Playing NSMB on an NES pad sounds absolutely awesome!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |