Japan PS3 Imports Reference List

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Re: Japan PS3 Imports Reference List

Post by brunoafh »

I think the way I have the list formatted looks a little sloppy... should I do something to differentiate my notes on the games further? The main things of note are whether or not the game has English support, and if it was released digitally in English or physically in English territories. I was thinking maybe highlight games that are import-friendly in some manner and then write some notes, then next to them write US PSN or EU/UK/AUS release. For example:

Agarest Senki [US PSN RELEASE] [PHYSICAL EU RELEASE]
Biohazard Revival Selection (English voices, menus are in English) [US PSN RELEASE]

ZenErik wrote:So I guess you could list the original Japanese release but not the Red Zone version?

Well... that's an interesting point. Technically the original release of the game is exclusive to Japan, but, in the long run I think I'm going to omit it all together since an updated version is available in both territories anyway.

Also the screen tearing isn't that bad. It's definitely a shoddy port but it gets the job done, and it's a real treat for non-Wii owners.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

brunoafh wrote:Agarest Senki [US PSN RELEASE] [PHYSICAL EU RELEASE]
Biohazard Revival Selection (English voices, menus are in English) [US PSN RELEASE]

^I like that.

ZenErik wrote:Well... that's an interesting point. Technically the original release of the game is exclusive to Japan, but, in the long run I think I'm going to omit it all together since an updated version is available in both territories anyway.

yeah, no point in listing it. The updated version contains everything in the original.

Also the screen tearing isn't that bad. It's definitely a shoddy port but it gets the job done, and it's a real treat for non-Wii owners.

no kidding. I think the term "unplayable" gets thrown around really casually. Is the Wii version visually better? That's a different matter. But the PS3 version is far from unplayable. I PLAY it a lot, and love it. I've never been frustrated with the controls or thought to myself "ugh if only the visuals were better I could actually enjoy this game."
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

You do realize that it depends on the person. For me the screen tearing was so distracting that the game IS unplayable. I could not play for more than 1 or two hours. And why bother when I can play the Wii version? Obviously it doesn't bother you two as much. I am a bit of an audiophile and to a lesser extent a videophile, haha. So perhaps that's why it bothers me more. :P
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo