mjmjr25

Re: My Custom Arcade Stand for NEO/DC/SAT/ATOMIS -

Post by mjmjr25 »

Blaze Stick Top

Blaze Stick Guts
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Added a walkthrough on first post, at the bottom.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

mjmjr25 wrote:Blaze Stick
Looks like identical switches.
The Dreamcast Blaze looks like an easier Twin Stick Mod.
The Fire buttons are very easy to identify for jumping player two stick over.

A direct comparison of each Blaze Stick. PS1 with the Twinstick Mod followed by Dreamcast.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

Goddamn that DC stick looks great! I've been meaning to upgrade the parts on my PSX Blaze Stick, but the buttons are soldered directly to the boards :x . The DC stick though has them wired up properly.

If you ever want to upgrade the buttons, I believe that 28mm Crown buttons are compatible, though notably standard Sanwa and Seimitsu 30mm are not. I'm not sure about what sticks are compatible, I know that the base is a bit short for most sticks though.
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Lokkenjawnz wrote:Goddamn that DC stick looks great! I've been meaning to upgrade the parts on my PSX Blaze Stick, but the buttons are soldered directly to the boards :x . The DC stick though has them wired up properly.

If you ever want to upgrade the buttons, I believe that 28mm Crown buttons are compatible, though notably standard Sanwa and Seimitsu 30mm are not. I'm not sure about what sticks are compatible, I know that the base is a bit short for most sticks though.
I like the short throw on the Blaze Twin Shock Buttons. But if you want to change the switches, not a big deal. Just move the PCB to the side and run wires from the replacement switches over to the original switch solder pads on the PCB.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Lokkenjawnz wrote:Goddamn that DC stick looks great!

agreed!
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

So after seeing CRT's Blaze PS1 stick, I was really wanting one of those as well, but the first couple I found in my searches were scratched or dinged, etc.

But, after about a month, mine finally arrived today. Here it is side by side w/the Blaze DC Stick.

chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Very nice very nice. What's up with some of the shoulder buttons being on the left?

That isn't typical is it? Would you ever re-wire? What's your preference?

My MVC2 stick has all the Rs and Ls on the right.

Also nice avatar change.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

chupon wrote:Very nice very nice. What's up with some of the shoulder buttons being on the left?

That isn't typical is it? Would you ever re-wire? What's your preference?

My MVC2 stick has all the Rs and Ls on the right.

Also nice avatar change.

Both sticks are stock - i'm already considering a re-wire yeah, having your main button on shooters being bottom middle is really tough to get used to already - not liking it thus far.

The only problem being that they are "marked" and i'm not excited about the idea of having the markings, ie X being where I would want it, but marked as L2.

...the avatar, credit sevin0seven...he gave me a few to choose from, but i'm telling fools, my rufus is a beast.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

mjmjr25 wrote:So after seeing CRT's Blaze PS1 stick, I was really wanting one of those as well, but the first couple I found in my searches were scratched or dinged, etc.

But, after about a month, mine finally arrived today. Here it is side by side w/the Blaze DC Stick.

Congrats on finding one in the classic black with the red buttons and red ball sticks! The button layout not a big deal, just have to get used to the locations. Sometimes I hit the slowdown button by accident, but I do like the programmable rapid fire. Are you going to do that Twinstick Mod?