Wii Gamecube Guide - Emio The Edge as Wii Arcade Stick

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Opa Opa

Re: Good Turbo Controller for Twin Snakes? - Page 14

Post by Opa Opa »

CRTGAMER wrote:Ahh! That is easier! The PS1 version required a rapid "Summer Games" two button sequence.

Nope. You only tap the action button.

I know this because I replayed the PS1 game 2 weeks ago.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:@ swiftzx - Thanks, the Hori looks very tempting and not because of just the name reputation. The individual slide switches to set Autofire intensity draws me to this one.
but I think he was saying it's a Wii controller that will not work for GameCube. Or did I misunderstand?

Oop, maybe you are right. Oh crap, wired to plug into the remote I guess.

Opa Opa wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Ahh! That is easier! The PS1 version required a rapid "Summer Games" two button sequence.

Nope. You only tap the action button.

I know this because I replayed the PS1 game 2 weeks ago.

Well my mind is starting to go, I thought it was the two buttons.

A recommendation on a 3rd party GC controller?

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sorry other than digital pads, I've never owned any 3rd party GCN controllers. I love the Wavebirds, and never felt a need to look for something else.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I've owned the pelican/gamestop one before and thought it was uncomfortable and shitty.

Had the madcatz one before too. Buttons are kinda hard to push and the macro button just like, lets you record inputs or something. I don't know it never worked for me. That controller was a piece of shit.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

CRTGAMER wrote:A recommendation on a 3rd party GC controller?

Alright.

No. I don't recommend a 3rd Party GC controller. I've used 2 or 3 different brands and they've always broken after very little use.

Always shoot for the 1st party controllers! If you still want to use a turbo controller I guess you could swap out controllers for the torture chamber scene.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Opa Opa wrote:Always shoot for the 1st party controllers! If you still want to use a turbo controller I guess you could swap out controllers for the torture chamber scene.

Have five 1st party controllers, so I may go the swap route.

More weird OCD questions
Well this is dog doo. I know 3rd party controllers are reputated as crap, surley there is one someone likes? One other point, I hate the "8 Positiion" Analog stick hex pattern.

1. Are there any 3rd party controllers that allow for a smooth analog swing of the stick?

2. Also a trigger that does not have to be click mashed?

The Pelican GC controller is only ten bucks new at Target, maybe I'll take a chance. :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:More weird OCD questions
Well this is dog doo. I know 3rd party controllers are reputated as crap, surley there is one someone likes? One other point, I hate the "8 Positiion" Analog stick hex pattern.

1. Are there any 3rd party controllers that allow for a smooth analog swing of the stick?

The Pelican GC controller is only ten bucks new at Target, maybe I'll take a chance. :?

I honestly don't think any of us have looked into 3rd party GCN controllers because the stock and Wavebird controllers were so damn good there was just no point. You might be on yr own on this one.
markeconrad
24-bit

Post by markeconrad »

I'm not sure about Twin Snakes, but on PSX it really wasn't that hard. Gets tiring on the Extreme difficulty. But I'm just seconding the one button thing.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

CRTGAMER wrote:More weird OCD questions

The only way you'll get that would be if you invested in a Ps2 > Gamecube controller adapter or something.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:The only way you'll get that would be if you invested in a Ps2 > Gamecube controller adapter or something.

THANKYOU!
Somebody must have beat me with a Stupid Stick, I have two PSX to Game Adaptors and plenty of Turbo ready PSX controllers! Too much crap under the table, at least I do have an immediate work around.

The OCD in me still wants a Turbo Gamecube controller. Along the same lines, I'm reminded to look also for a decent Regular Battery Turbo Remote for Wii House of the Dead. Codejunkies has one listed, but in the UK.

I don't know why no other manufacturer makes a Turbo Wii Remote?! :?: