Wii Gamecube Guide - Emio The Edge as Wii Arcade Stick

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
vlame
Next-Gen

Re: CRTGAMER Wii Thread

Post by vlame »

i am also just starting on the wii, are there vlc games or emulators you can use a light gun on?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:The real jewel is the motion control. It is very accurate, even better then the Dreamcast Lightgun on a regular CRT. Very easy to aim at blowing off the arms, legs and kill shot of the head. I was tempted to pick up an outer gun shell to give the Wii Remote a better feel. Not sold on the idea of an outer plastic trigger operating the Remote trigger. A slight delay in the shot and wear of the plastic buttons. If I was to get one, it would be a duel trigger to operate both the B Trigger and A button.
I recommend the PDP Wii Duo Shot. You can get them at Gamestop for $14.99
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/accessories ... t-gs/78291

I also did a little write up about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27489&hilit=wii+duo+shot
A good price compared to other gun housings. I am concerned with an outer trigger response and wear on the buttons from the external plastic trigger hitting the remote buttons. Now that you had the gun housing for a while, how is the A button holding up with the plastic dragging across it?

vlame wrote:I am also just starting on the wii, are there vlc games or emulators you can use a light gun on?
There are a few of lightgun games in the original NES and SNES as well as a couple of Mouse controlled games, but they have not made the Virtual Console list yet. It would be great if the Remote motion detection would be included on both the lightgun and mouse games. So far none of the emulators utilize motion detection.

A wild thought just occurred to me. What if Gyromite and Stackup are made available in the Wii Virtual Console? The original game coding sends screen flashes to ROB which in turn actuates the second NES fire buttons. These games could be made to work in the VC if one has a non HD CRT, ROB and NES to Gamecube adaptors.

List of Virtual Console games (North America)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(North_America)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

supericeboy
8-bit

Post by supericeboy »

vlame wrote:i am also just starting on the wii, are there vlc games or emulators you can use a light gun on?

I know if you run emulators on the Wii, a lot of them will allow you to use the Wiimote to emulate the light guns.

I was playing Lethal Enforcers in the Genesis emulator and using the Wiimote in place of a Justifier 8)
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

CRTGAMER wrote:I am concerned with an outer trigger response and wear on the buttons from the external plastic trigger hitting the remote buttons. Now that you had the gun housing for a while, how is the A button holding up with the plastic dragging across it?
Well, honestly my Wii doesn't get a whole lot of play. But I wrapped some clear scotch tape around the plastic bracket on my Wii Duo Shot a few times to help protect the A Button from being ruined over time and also to add a little "button-pressing insurance," and so far it has never failed me once.

The Wi Duo Shot has really added to the experience for me though. I highly recommend it for Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and all first-person shooters that allow button customization. And for $14.99 you can't go wrong. Some may still prefer the Nyko Perfect Shot. But I like the second trigger on the Wii Duo Shot because you can squeeze that trigger to look down your iron sights to carefully aim and then use the actual trigger to shoot. I dunno. It just feels very natural to me
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I am concerned with an outer trigger response and wear on the buttons from the external plastic trigger hitting the remote buttons. Now that you had the gun housing for a while, how is the A button holding up with the plastic dragging across it?
Well, honestly my Wii doesn't get a whole lot of play. But I wrapped some clear scotch tape around the plastic bracket on my Wii Duo Shot a few times to help protect the A Button from being ruined over time and also to add a little "button-pressing insurance," and so far it has never failed me once.

The Wi Duo Shot has really added to the experience for me though. I highly recommend it for Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and all first-person shooters that allow button customization. And for $14.99 you can't go wrong. Some may still prefer the Nyko Perfect Shot. But I like the second trigger on the Wii Duo Shot because you can squeeze that trigger to look down your iron sights to carefully aim and then use the actual trigger to shoot. I dunno. It just feels very natural to me
Same here, I prefer the two trigger feature. At fifteen bucks maybe worth a try, might pick one up. I have the older Remote so I would have to unplug the motion plus.

House of the Dead
I shamelessly downloaded the complete unlock save for House of the Dead 2 and 3. I am now enjoying unlimited bullets and one shot kill in the original mode. Too bad the machine gun does not allow unlimited bullets. Still on a hunt for an auto fire remote.

Now this "Lightgun" look interesting! Built in Remote.
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Crossfire-Int ... B002ISZB4M

Image Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

I just softmodded my wii and my friend's. So awesome, so much free...
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

CRTGAMER wrote:Now this "Lightgun" look interesting! Built in Remote.
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Crossfire-Int ... B002ISZB4M

Image Image
Interesting design indeed. But RE4 would be almost unplayable with the fire button (A) on the side like that.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Interesting design indeed. But RE4 would be almost unplayable with the fire button (A) on the side like that.

The "A" button isn't necessary as I recall as long as you use the nunchuck's buttons to perform its function.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I had the same idea for that gun controller when I first got Ghost Squad. I wanted to mod wiimotes into Saturn Stunners. But at $35 with decent reviews, I might just buy one of those in the near future.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Been meaning to tell you CRT, look up Vertigo. It looks like your kind of game, I think.