PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:that's the copy of KOF98 I have.... was it actually released WITHOUT the bonus disc?
That orange bar throwing me off, thought it meant only a bonus music CD. Does yours have a music CD or two separate game discs?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:
noiseredux wrote:that's the copy of KOF98 I have.... was it actually released WITHOUT the bonus disc?
That orange bar throwing me off, thought it meant only a bonus music CD. Does yours have a music CD or two separate game discs?

no music disc... The game on disc 1 and bonus shit on disc 2.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
Okay, fixed the OP: King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (2nd Disc Extra Content)

I also spotted this single disc cover to make you grin.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nice! Ok, cool.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Initial 2004 Release
The Infamous Mature Rated Hot Coffee Level

I forgot all about the Hot Coffee mod on the original initial 2004 of Grand Theft Auto. This was recalled, got a cold coffee fix and released under Greatest Hits, a three pack compilation and a Special Edition.

Mature Content at the links.

I updated the Wiki entry to clarify all the releases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas#Hot_Coffee_mod

More info:
http://gta.wikia.com/Hot_Coffee_Modification
darth_blunted wrote:I have the GTA:SA 2004 version.... I would like to point out the only way to access the "Hot Coffee" scenes is to have Action Replay for the PS2. Here's a link to the codes:

http://www.playstationalley.com/ps2/GrandTheftASAHC.php

Enable All Girlfriends:
Notes: If the Heart icons do not appear simply swing by their homes to mark them.
(1) Denise is behind CJ's House
(2) Michelle around the Driving School in SF
(3) Helena can be found at Flint Range
(4) Katie is in the Paradise district of SF
(5) Millie is in the Prickle Pine district of LV
WUPB-B7F4-XPX09
1GZE-V47D-4GXBH

Date & Girlfriend Codes:
D1U0-7U5R-BJ2ZC

Date Modifier:
39VZ-NARK-06RVU
8UQH-1851-EZQPC

Always Driving Date:
8JKP-4XPM-Y2W6U
12UF-9DF5-0P0RG
7ZPF-J4VG-C20FY
vAUN4-Y662-7NFV0
7ZPF-J4VG-C20FY

Always Dancing Date:
9YZR-17TF-MWZU4
5JC3-M4E8-VQ4CX
6BHH-ZW1G-YH2TU
AUN4-Y662-7NFV0
6BHH-ZW1G-YH2TU

Always Dinner Date:
HRHT-J8VC-2P05M
5JC3-M4E8-VQ4CX
NG2H-VX0E-Z0G2T
12UF-9DF5-0P0RG
NG2H-VX0E-Z0G2T

Quick Fun Increase (Driving Dates):
HC35-44B7-1B0QY
DVN8-B67P-H075B

Hot Coffee (After Successful Date):
WARNING: Uncensored Hot Coffee code UNLOCKS ADULT CONTENT DISABLED BY ROCKSTAR GAMES AND IS A VIOLATION OF YOUR LICENSE AGREEMENT
7UZJ-9YW8-0T45Z
8UQH-1851-EZQPC

Censored Hot Coffee:
Note: Use this code if you wish to save game with Uncensored Hot Coffee disabled
1NQR-NVFE-NXV1Q
20MW-A62G-9MQ30

Uncensored Hot Coffee:
Note: DO NOT SAVE WITH THIS CODE ACTIVE This cheat will save and MAY corrupt your save. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. You will be stuck in an invisible box after adult scene. Press R1 R2 L1 L2 buttons at the same time to escape.
JD3N-EV68-AGRW0
4PMG-6VNA-PBZQ7
BKR1-JF84-6Q23C
U7Q0-6H91-6JATX
5540-HY63-181MY
7FB5-3052-PWB8N
03AH-5PBC-9K2T7

If the disc is labeled "Second Edition" under the Mature label then the Hot Coffee is removed.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition (2nd Disc DVD)
The Hot Coffee was removed, but new content added. A tradeoff which one more collectable. :?
http://aladdinsarcade.com/games/sony/pl ... aledition/

Special Bonus Content includes: 30 minute prequel telling the story behind the GTA series, with some familiar faces popping up; "Sunday Driver", a documentary about the world of low-riding and the people who live in it.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 am, edited 10 times in total.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah that's why I don't have San Andreas yet, trying to decide if I should hunt down the infamous Hot Coffee, or go with the extras on the LE. I think I want the latter. Is there a difference in (GameStop) price?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:Yeah that's why I don't have San Andreas yet, trying to decide if I should hunt down the infamous Hot Coffee, or go with the extras on the LE. I think I want the latter. Is there a difference in (GameStop) price?
Either version is a rare find, Get both!

The initial 2004 release was officially pulled. Unofficially since the Coffee Mod is forgotten, it sometimes is a trade in. I can only find the Greatest Hits SKU at the Gamestop site, a luck of the draw which version is on the shelf. Note that the Second Edition with the Hot Coffee removed is also a 2004 release.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-greatest-hits/41209

$19.99 New vs $17.99 Used
Greatest Hits actually has less features in this game! Most will opt for the sealed Greatest Hits version or the combo three pack. Sometimes San Andreas is sold separate used from the three pack. But the 2004 initial release is the one to get! Be careful even if the case says 2004, the disc may not be matched when pulled from the Gamestop drawer. Look for the white lettering on the disc itself, should not have a "SECOND EDITION" stamped under the "M" rating logo.

As for the Special Edition, also worth getting. The Special Edition includes a bonus DVD that has a Sunday Driver Documentary produced by Rockstar. Great footage of the lowriding culture including how the cars are built. There is also a game footage movie intro on the DVD that can be watched on a regular DVD player.

Original release in the pic. 2004 in white letters on the disc.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2004.jpg
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 2004.jpg (224.04 KiB) Viewed 5861 times

However the Cold Coffee disc also has 2004 on it. Look for the "SECOND EDITION" text under the "M" logo. The "2004" text is positioned to the right a little.
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Second Edition.jpg
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Second Edition.jpg (149.45 KiB) Viewed 6098 times

The First Edition does not have the "SECOND EDITION" text under the "M" rating logo.
Attachments
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas First Edition.jpg
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas First Edition.jpg (123.97 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat May 28, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I think I want the LE, the packaging is just so great on it. (Comes in a cardboard case).
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:

I took pics of my copy w/ the orange bar. I'm not sure if it was even released without the bonus disk. Of course, the scan CRT uploaded suggests one just might exist.
Also note: it included a double-sided poster featuring KoF 98 & KoF XII.

Attachments
Bonus Poster
Bonus Poster
Bonus Poster.JPG (166.53 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
Bonus Disc
Bonus Disc
Bonus CD.JPG (162.08 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
Inside
Inside
Inside.JPG (155.24 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:That orange bar throwing me off, thought it meant only a bonus music CD. Does yours have a music CD or two separate game discs?
No music disc... The game on disc 1 and bonus shit on disc 2.
I took pics of my copy w/ the orange bar. I'm not sure if it was even released without the bonus disk. Of course, the scan CRT uploaded suggests one just might exist.
Also note: it included a double-sided poster featuring KoF 98 & KoF XII.
Thanks for the pics, looks like a ROM as a PS2 bootable demo?

More confused. Okay, let me see if I got this right.
The bonus disc DOES NOT run in the PS2 as a demo? Are the Wallpapers for the PC and the trailors compatible to play in a regular DVD player? Or does the bonus disc actually boot up like a game in the PS2 making it HDAdvance Installable compatible?

So for the OP List update, which one?

2nd disc PS2 Game bootable:
King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (2nd Disc Extra Content)

2nd disc DVD Player compatible:
King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (2nd Disc DVD PC Extra Content)