Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
darth_blunted
24-bit

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

by darth_blunted Sat May 21, 2011 12:03 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
darth_blunted wrote:I don't know if this would count as it's a standard feature but requires you to have another game to unlock it.

Burnout Revenge "Unlock and crash Madden Challenge van (exclusive to Madden NFL 06 owners)"

I think it should count as "Extra content" because you only recieve it if you own Madden 06 and you unlock the vehicle.

Interesting, I looked up Wiki, it looks like two game saves can get you bonus cars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Revenge#Bonus_vehicles

Bonus vehicles

There are two extra vehicles that can be unlocked by the presence of a saved game from another title on the memory card or hard drive when you first create your profile. A Madden NFL 06 save will unlock the Madden Challenge Bus and a Burnout 3: Takedown save will unlock the Dominator Assassin. Both of these cars are available only for Crash events. They are also available for online use if you own an online adapter. Although it may not be hidden, after reaching the "Elite" rank, you unlock the Black Elite Racer, which has some references to the game, Black. Example, there are bullet holes all around the car, and the license plate on the back reads "Kellar", the player's character in Black.
Not really a Special Edition but a great Find! THANKS! I added:

Burnout Revenge (Extra Content from Madden 06 and Burnout 3 Takedown)

Say, can you edit your Reply to make the pic 700 wide? Or just crop the Madden information off the cover if you like. It will be easier to see.

Sorry about the size of the pic. I just added a xbox cover to it since it was easier for me :lol:

I went through my whole collection and that's about all I can add for ps2 stuff. Is there a Gamcube thread like this? I know the cube had games that had extras.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat May 21, 2011 5:12 pm

darth_blunted wrote:I went through my whole collection and that's about all I can add for ps2 stuff. Is there a Gamcube thread like this? I know the cube had games that had extras.
A great find on Burnout detecting other game saves, bring back memories of PS1 Metal Gear Solid. The part when Psycho Mantis identifies what games one has played. :shock:

I created this ongoing list update thread, have not seen any other systems tackled yet. lisalover1 has a Gamecube Blog, maybe could do the Gamecube Special Editions List?

Any other PS2 Special Editions? Please post!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darth_blunted
24-bit

by darth_blunted Sun May 22, 2011 10:58 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
darth_blunted wrote:I went through my whole collection and that's about all I can add for ps2 stuff. Is there a Gamcube thread like this? I know the cube had games that had extras.
A great find on Burnout detecting other game saves, bring back memories of PS1 Metal Gear Solid. The part when Psycho Mantis identifies what games one has played. :shock:

I created this ongoing list update thread, have not seen any other systems tackled yet. lisalover1 has a Gamecube Blog, maybe could do the Gamecube Special Editions List?

Any other PS2 Special Editions? Please post!

I think a gamecube one would be fine, I mean why not??? About that Metal Gear Solid, I have never played that :shock:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Another thing to look for, the pre-order bonus disc in various games. These will probably be very hard to find. I'll start with this one:

Gradius V (Preorder Bonus DVD)
Oh crap! There are three DVDs and a book to look for! :shock:

Image Image

Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradius_V#Bundling

On April 9, 2004, Konami announced that a DVD called OPTIONS was being offered to pre-ordering customers in Japan containing interviews with the developers, art galleries and a number of recorded playthroughs demonstrating the inner workings of the game's stages. Adding further incentive for customers to purchase the upcoming game, Konami later revealed the availability of The History of Vic Viper—a book indicating inner design, the background and the roadmap of the Vic Viper ships. The book was included with all versions of the original Japanese pressing of the game. An additional DVD with expanded content titled Gradius V Official DVD The Perfect was also released in Japan to be ordered separately or with the game from Konami's online retail store, Konamistyle. For the North American release of the game, Konami produced a DVD called Gradius Breakdown as a pre-order incentive. Breakdown includes a retrospective of the Gradius series and a number of recorded playthroughs of the game.

An interesting Gradius read with Artwork and all the extras:
http://gamestone.co.uk/gradius/games_ga ... 02&page=14

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat May 28, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition
I just acquired the Special Edition and have confirmed all the contents. The slip liner case is thicker then a regular PS2 case. Two slim cases inside, one with the regular game and the other is a bonus DVD. There is a game footage movie intro on the DVD that can be watched on a regular DVD player. The real gem is the Sunday Driver Documentary produced by Rockstar. Explores the Low Riding culture and their cars. Great insight on how the cars are built, painted and modified. One low riding enthusiast who has been around before hydraulics talked about rollers on the bumpers to go up the driveway. He pointed out that now its not how low but how high one can go, the car hopping. :D

GTA San Andreas is HDAdvance compatible! :mrgreen:

For information on the Coffee Mod go here:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=405252#p405252

My Special Edition came with the initial Hot Coffee release not the SECOND EDITION! I confirmed the game was previously purchased used, so the wrong game disc is in this package. I'm pretty sure all the extra Special Edition stuff is on the bonus DVD. Plus I now have an extra Hot Coffee disc. 8)
Attachments
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition.jpg
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Special Edition.jpg (253.76 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri May 27, 2011 8:25 pm

A couple Special Editions pics. Mortal Kombat Deception Premium Pack exemplifies the advantage of the extras, worth the hunt! Madden 2005 Collectors Edition also fully loaded!

I reviewed both of these games here:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=425009#p425009

dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Fri May 27, 2011 11:38 pm

I noticed some games that are on there for having soundtracks with them.

Digital Devil Saga came with a large box to hold both volumes, and a soundtrack.

Phantom Brave also came with a soundtrack cd.

As for preorder bonuses, I remember Suikoden V coming with an art book (although a scimpy one).

Don't remember if I saw Devil Summoner 2, but that came with a plushie. Persona 3 had a version that came with a large box, soundtrack, and hardback artbook.

Hope these help! I freakin love the ps2, and this is a nice resource
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat May 28, 2011 3:57 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:I noticed some games that are on there for having soundtracks with them.

Digital Devil Saga came with a large box to hold both volumes, and a soundtrack.

Phantom Brave also came with a soundtrack cd.

As for preorder bonuses, I remember Suikoden V coming with an art book (although a scimpy one).

Don't remember if I saw Devil Summoner 2, but that came with a plushie. Persona 3 had a version that came with a large box, soundtrack, and hardback artbook.

Hope these help! I freakin love the ps2, and this is a nice resource

THANKS! I updated the OP Game List. :D :D

Digital Devil Saga Box Set (Bonus Art Book and Soundtrack CD)

Phantom Brave (2nd Disc Soundtrack)

Suikoden V (Preorder Artbook and 2nd Disc Soundtrack)

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 (Raiho Plushie)

Persona 3 (Artbook and 2nd Disc Soundtrack)

Any other PS2 Special Editions? Please Post.

dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon May 30, 2011 2:33 am

Mana Khemia 1 & 2
Ar Tonelico 1 & 2
Sakura Wars
Wild Arms 5
Persona 4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 pm

dunpeal2064 wrote:Mana Khemia 1 & 2
Ar Tonelico 1 & 2
Sakura Wars
Wild Arms 5
Persona 4
Thanks! Added these:

Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 (Artbook and Soundtrack CD)
Mana Khemia 1 & 2 (Jess Figure, Poster and Soundtrack CD)
Persona 4 (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
Sakura Wars (Art Book, Poster and Limited Edition Packaging)
Wild Arms 5 (10th Anniversary box and Art Book)

Return to Guides