Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

by CRTGAMER Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Thanks! Added to the OP. Does it run in a regular DVD Player?
I tried it on a regular DVD player and my PC and no dice. It appears to be a PS2-only disc.
Okay thanks! Changed the OP:
Hitman Trilogy (Extra Disc Kane & Lynch PS2 Demo)

noise added a nice review of a couple Special Editions:
noiseredux wrote:Added a post about MK Deception & Armageddon Premium Editions.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/noiseredux

What store did this come from?
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

thanks for the plug, CRT. Culmination of yr interest in limited editions, Flake's inquiry into getting into MK, and SplashChick's wonderful post run-down of the entire series.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu May 19, 2011 5:02 am

I added two more games to the OP list. Not exactly Special Editions but these two have a very unique feature. The PlayStation Analog Joystick SCPH-1110 or more commonly known as the PS1 Flightstick. Strange that neither game manual mentions this. PS1 games have an icon on the back cover.

Image Image

Most PS2 games do not work with this controller. Some games that use the PS2 digital pad can work with the Flightstick in Digital Mode. However when the Flightstick is set to Analog Mode, out of more then a thousand PS2 games, there are only two that utilize this feature.

R-Type Final (PS1 Flightstick Analog Mode)
One of the great SHMUPS with upgraded graphics. This game actually works in both Digital and Analog mode of the PS1 Flightstick. Analog Mode works the same as Digital, no change in movement speed in proportion to the stick movement.

The ending credits of R-Type Final has the Blueman Group song Piano Smasher.
http://vgmdaily.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/r-type-final-piano-smasher-blue-man-group/

PSX Dual Analog - Flight Stick PS2 Supported Games 01.jpg
PSX Dual Analog - Flight Stick PS2 Supported Games 01.jpg (233.44 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

XGIII Extreme G Racing (PS1 Flightstick Analog Mode)
Also works in both Digital and Analog. In Analog Mode there is a change in movement speed in proportion to the stick. The more the stick is pushed the further the motorcycle will lean. This makes XGIII the ONLY PS2 game that works in TRUE ANALOG with the PS1 Flightstick.

The PS1 DUAL ANALOG has the unique Flightstick Mode, enabled with a green light.

Wiki originally had a third game listed which is Metal Slug Anthology. I tested it with the Flightstick with only the Digital Mode working, Other digital pad controlled games such as Gradius III and IV also works with the Flightstick, but in Digital Mode only. I updated Wiki to reflect this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Analog_Joystick

Know of any other PS2 Special Editions? Please post.

Two PS1 Analog Flightsticks - The only two compatible PS2 games - Two PS1 Dual Analogs
Attachments
PSX Dual Analog - Flight Stick PS2 Supported Games 02.jpg
PSX Dual Analog - Flight Stick PS2 Supported Games 02.jpg (180.44 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darth_blunted
24-bit

by darth_blunted Thu May 19, 2011 10:29 am

I see that Twisted Metal Black had made the list, but What about Twisted Metal Head on Extra twisted Edition for the ps2? It has a shit load of extra features and added content ( http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/12/ ... d-edition/ )

"Play an enhanced version of Twisted Metal Head on featuring a completely new bonus level"

"Ravage through 4 never before played levels from Twisted Metal: Black

"Run around as Sweet Tooth and access an asylum of bonus content and factoids direct from game developers"

"Twisted Metal Head On Extra twisted Edition not only includes Twisted Metal Head On, but enhanced features, new levels, and tons of bonus content for the diehard Twisted Metal fan.

Including: Behind the scenes videos, Detailed artbook, Free soundtrack download: The Twisted Metal Symphony, Never released Twisted Metal "win/end movies" from the original Twisted Metal"

darth_blunted
24-bit

by darth_blunted Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 am

I would also like to add another game to this list Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection.

Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition

"Features: Play as Vergil, New Jester Boss Enemy, New Very Hard Mode, New Turbo Mode & More!" (What ever & more is I could not tell you I haven't played this yet but I own this collection)

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu May 19, 2011 12:22 pm

darth_blunted wrote:I see that Twisted Metal Black had made the list, but What about Twisted Metal Head on Extra twisted Edition for the ps2? It has a shit load of extra features and added content.

I would also like to add another game to this list, Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection. Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening Special Edition. "Features: Play as Vergil, New Jester Boss Enemy, New Very Hard Mode, New Turbo Mode & More!" (What ever & more is I could not tell you I haven't played this yet but I own this collection)
Thanks for the additions! I added the PS2 games to the OP list. :D

Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection (Devil May Cry 3 Dantes Awakening SE)

Twisted Metal Head on Extra Twisted Edition (Extra Content)

the King
Next-Gen

by the King Thu May 19, 2011 2:20 pm

NBA Ballers Phenom had a bonus soundtrack disc.

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm

the King wrote:NBA Ballers Phenom had a bonus soundtrack disc.
Thanks!

Added: NBA Ballers Phenom (2nd Disc Soundtrack)

darth_blunted
24-bit

by darth_blunted Fri May 20, 2011 6:34 am

I don't know if this would count as it's a standard feature but requires you to have another game to unlock it.

Burnout Revenge "Unlock and crash Madden Challenge van (exclusive to Madden NFL 06 owners)"

I think it should count as "Extra content" because you only recieve it if you own Madden 06 and you unlock the vehicle.

Last edited by darth_blunted on Sat May 21, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 pm

darth_blunted wrote:I don't know if this would count as it's a standard feature but requires you to have another game to unlock it.

Burnout Revenge "Unlock and crash Madden Challenge van (exclusive to Madden NFL 06 owners)"

I think it should count as "Extra content" because you only recieve it if you own Madden 06 and you unlock the vehicle.

Interesting, I looked up Wiki, it looks like two game saves can get you bonus cars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Revenge#Bonus_vehicles

Bonus vehicles

There are two extra vehicles that can be unlocked by the presence of a saved game from another title on the memory card or hard drive when you first create your profile. A Madden NFL 06 save will unlock the Madden Challenge Bus and a Burnout 3: Takedown save will unlock the Dominator Assassin. Both of these cars are available only for Crash events. They are also available for online use if you own an online adapter. Although it may not be hidden, after reaching the "Elite" rank, you unlock the Black Elite Racer, which has some references to the game, Black. Example, there are bullet holes all around the car, and the license plate on the back reads "Kellar", the player's character in Black.
Not really a Special Edition but a great Find! THANKS! I added:

Burnout Revenge (Extra Content from Madden 06 and Burnout 3 Takedown)

Say, can you edit your Reply to make the pic 700 wide? Or just crop the Madden information off the cover if you like. It will be easier to see.

Return to Guides