PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Games Special Editions List Guide - Cover Insert Answers

Post by CRTGAMER »

OP correct answers for two of the Generic Covers.

1. Yellow (Twisted Metal) = Not positive, I believe its an old EB Games cover. The Yellow seems to hint Blockbuster. The Blockbuster Rental covers had the store logo though. Considering the title, maybe a real old one?

2. Green (Katamari Damacy) = Gamestop and EB Games.

3. Blue (Kim Possible) = Newest Gamestop Cover after EB Games consolidated.

The newest Gamestop Generic Cover color codes:
Blue = PS2
Green = XBox
Purple = Gamecube
Red = PS3
White = Wii

Gamestop Generic Covers 1a.jpg
Gamestop Generic Covers 1a.jpg (141.74 KiB) Viewed 3904 times

4. Blue (Sky Odyssey) = Not Positive, I believe it is an old Game Crazy cover. The rentals had a custom Hollywood Video cover, Original game pic in the front and custom instructions in blue on the back. Another old game title.

Still need an absolute confirm on the Yellow and Second Blue Pre-Played covers. Almost positive it is not Play N Trade, none located here.

Of note both of the Mystery covers have a POPS2 code, must be from the same location.
Yellow Twisted Metal PS2 - 224372-3
Blue Sky Odyssey PS2 - 189827-9

If anyone knows of the other two covers pleas post your answer.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Editions Games List Guide

Post by CRTGAMER »

A Reminder
Most Special Editions are the very same SKU as regular releases at Gamestop. The thrill of the hunt of discovering the exclusive at a great price! If a game is rare, especially with an extra soundtrack, its best NOT to call. Check the Gamestop website for store availability and drive there yourself. Time is against the game collector since Gamestop is throwing out the cases and manuals of under $9.99 PS2 games.

Gamestop Employee wrote:"The extra bonus discs are normally not accepted, they usually get tossed." :evil:

Alone in the Dark (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
Here is another game with a bonus soundtrack disc. The music score is pretty good, Bulgarian female vocals in the background. Worthy of ripping to MP3s and playing the tracks in other games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_(2008_video_game)#Music

This Atari two disc PS2 release can be spotted by the orange bar across the bottom. In the pic below, the music CD is sitting on the case, game is to the right in the 2nd disc holder.

God of War had a bonus sound track, but as a limited time download code. The limited edition Silent Hill 3 came with a bonus soundtrack CD. Curious what other Atari PS2 games came with that orange bar with the bonus sound track CD?
Attachments
Alone in the dark with Bonus Sound Track.jpg
Alone in the dark with Bonus Sound Track.jpg (174.35 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

benderx
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Post by benderx »

Now you gotta do Playstation 1 double, triple, and even quadruple discs. Like Final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 9. :P
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:A Reminder
Most Special Editions are the very same SKU as regular releases at Gamestop. The thrill of the hunt of discovering the exclusive at a great price! If a game is rare, especially with an extra soundtrack, its best NOT to call. Check the Gamestop website for store availability and drive there yourself. Time is against the game collector since Gamestop is throwing out the cases and manuals of under $9.99 PS2 games.

Gamestop Employee wrote:"The extra bonus discs are normally not accepted, they usually get tossed." :evil:

Alone in the Dark (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
Here is another game with a bonus soundtrack disc. The music score is pretty good, Bulgarian female vocals in the background. Worthy of ripping to MP3s and playing the tracks in other games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_(2008_video_game)#Music

wow, didn't know about that one. Great find.
This Atari two disc PS2 release can be spotted by the orange bar across the bottom. In the pic below, the music CD is sitting on the case, game is to the right in the 2nd disc holder.

God of War had a bonus sound track, but as a limited time download code. The limited edition Silent Hill 3 came with a bonus soundtrack CD. Curious what other Atari PS2 games came with that orange bar with the bonus sound track CD?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

benderx wrote:Now you gotta do Playstation 1 double, triple, and even quadruple discs. Like Final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 9. :P
That would be a huge list, considering all of dsheinem's Long Boxes. Maybe our PS1 guru noise might tackle that one? :lol:

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Alone in the Dark (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
wow, didn't know about that one. Great find.
Found your reply buried in the quote. This one was a great off guard catch, that orange bar jumped at me, caught me by surprise. I'm keeping an eye out for that orange bar on other Atari PS2 releases.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:Found your reply buried in the quote. This one was a great off guard catch, that orange bar jumped at me, caught me by surprise. I'm keeping an eye out for that orange bar on other Atari PS2 releases.

LOL, don't know how I did that. But yeah great find. I gotta pay closer attention to the FRONTS of the cases, as so many PS2 titles are spined now.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Just a heads up, CRT (you might already be aware, but just in case):
It's not just Atari games that have that little orange banner on the bottom of the case fronts. Atlus and SNK do this as well..
Attachments
eternal-poison.jpg
eternal-poison.jpg (8.2 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
3boxes.jpg
3boxes.jpg (79.41 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

A collector's job is never done!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:Just a heads up, CRT (you might already be aware, but just in case):
It's not just Atari games that have that little orange banner on the bottom of the case fronts. Atlus and SNK do this as well..
noiseredux wrote:A collector's job is never done!
Good info. I don't own these games, but already listed these three games in the OP; PS2 Special Edition List.

Please keep adding any other PS2 Special Editions. I'll keep the OP list updated.

Are the 2nd bonus discs listed correctly? Are all three games 2nd discs bonus soundtrack CDs? Am I mistaken on King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match?
CRTGAMER wrote:Eternal Poison (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (2 Disc 2 Case Two Games)
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus (2nd Disc Soundtrack CD)
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's the copy of KOF98 I have.... was it actually released WITHOUT the bonus disc?